Donor Engagement Officer
Women’s College Hospital
For more than 135 years, Women’s College Hospital has been developing revolutionary advances in healthcare. Now more than ever we know how important it is to address issues related to population health, patient experience, and system costs. At Women’s we advocate for healthcare equity because we know that a healthy society requires a level playing field where everyone has access to timely, high quality, efficient and compassionate care. Today, Women’s is a world leader in revolutionizing healthcare for women and advancing health system solutions for all. Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Through the generosity of the community, the Foundation fuels the Hospital’s excellence in research and health care. Women’s is at the leading edge of fundamental changes in the healthcare system and the Foundation plays a critical role in advancing this agenda by supporting the Hospital and its extended mandate. With a long and proven history, Women’s is building on its established success to continue its role as a trailblazer. Donors have been, and continue to be, paramount to the success of progressive healthcare.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a candidate with creativity, passion for gratitude, exceptional attention to detail and organization, strong writing and database management skills to join our Donor Experience & Engagement team as Donor Engagement Officer.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Experience and Engagement, the Donor Engagement Officer leads the implementation of donor engagement opportunities and activities to enhance donor relationships and deepen engagement with our growing community of supporters. Working closely with the Director of Donor Experience & Engagement and with the support of the Donor Experience Coordinator, the Officer is passionate about building and deepening donor relationships at all levels and supports the portfolio function across the Foundation as a champion of innovation and new ideas to build and deepen donor engagement, ensuring that all activities and touch points align with the Foundation’s Mission, Vision and Values (MVV) and overall donor engagement philosophy.
Their exceptional attention to detail, organization, creativity, writing, and database management skills are matched by an ability to communicate respectfully and professionally with team members, donors and volunteers in person, by phone or in writing.
- Supports the overall portfolio function in the execution of a fully-integrated and strategic donor experience & engagement program for the Foundation
- Responsible for the successful execution of the gift acknowledgement process and makes thank you calls; guides the Coordinator for mass stewardship mailings and special correspondence projects;
- Facilitates the process for stewardship reporting, working with the Senior Writer and Marketing Communications team;
- Assists with the writing of donor impact reports at the <$250,000 level;
- Provides updates for all donor recognition systems and;
- Leads logistics planning for donor recognition & engagement events.
- Leads donor engagement activities for various donor segments and affinity groups including donor welcome and loyalty programs and the Foundation’s grateful patient program.
- Is a team player, embracing and consistently enacting WCHF’s organizational values of equity, quality, people, courage and collaboration.
Specific Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Acts as lead support of Foundation acknowledgement processes including completing donor thank you calls and acting as back up ensuring thank you calls are completed or dispersed among staff daily.
- Drafts donor gift agreements and/or special gift acceptance letters as required. Ensures details of stewardship & recognition plans for donors $25,000 plus are recorded in Raiser’s Edge and monitors implementation.
- Maintains in-house comms list, prepares mailing lists for various mass donor correspondence and drafts special correspondence, as required, obtaining approvals as required.
- Drive project management of impact reporting; triggering development, tracking project timelines, and some content development, through to production and delivery.
- Supports updates and maintenance of donor recognition systems including preparing donor listings, overseeing updates to website & donor wall, and coordinating production and installation of donor recognition plaques.
- Leads donor engagement activities for various donor segments and affinity groups including donor welcome and loyalty programs and the Foundation’s grateful patient program, including multi-touch engagement efforts to support enhanced donor recognition and storytelling.
- Oversees logistics planning for donor recognition & engagement events and provides event support for stewardship and donor engagement events, including set-up, delivery and breakdown, as required.
- Supports content development and scheduling of social media content thanking or recognizing donors around special days, such as National Philanthropy Day, or in collaboration with appropriate staff partners to execute various stewardship or recognition activities for specific donors or donor groups.
- Prepares relevant briefing packages for donor engagement activities or events, for key staff, board members and other volunteers, as required.
- Acts as a champion for our donors by considering their perspective in all that we do and thinks creatively to bring meaningful opportunities to deepen donor engagement at all levels.
- Keeps up with industry best practices through participation in peer groups, and professional development.
- Provides a high level of customer service to donors, volunteers, board members, and the public.
- Liaises with all Women’s College Hospital Foundation staff to engender timely and ongoing communication.
- Works with internal and external suppliers, vendors, and volunteers.
- Coordinates special projects as required and/or other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University or College Degree and/or equivalent education and a minimum of 3-4 years’ relevant experience
- Solid understanding of philanthropy and best practices in stewardship and donor relations; preference for previous roles in healthcare, higher education or complex non-profit environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail, self-motivated, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with foundation team in driving new initiatives and enhancing existing opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more
- Demonstrated experience working with a constituent database, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Suite considered an asset
- Ability to work with flexibility, including evening and weekend work, as events and workload dictate
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission, vision and values of the Foundation
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000. Eligibility for merit pay and comprehensive benefits including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrollment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter by Friday, September 16, 2022.
To submit your application, visit the posting on our careers page and click on the “I am Interested” button at the bottom of the page.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Foundation and Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants are asked to make their requirements known in advance.