Donor Experience Officer
DONOR EXPERIENCE OFFICER (18-MONTH CONTRACT)
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally, and we were recently name as one of the World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2023. The Hospital was also named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
Reporting to the Director, the Donor Experience Officer is an integral position responsible for managing and enhancing the Foundation’s comprehensive stewardship program, ensuring all donors receive meaningful communications, recognition and opportunities for engagement. A highly experienced donor relations professional, the Donor Experience Officer will play a key role in the management or coordination of: donor reports and communications, gift agreements, strategy and logistical support to stewardship and cultivation events, and the stewardship pipeline in Raisers Edge.
Working with the Director, the incumbent will have the opportunity to support the creation of custom stewardship plans for major donors as well as develop and implement new donor stewardship strategies for various segments including mid-level, monthly, first-time, staff and physician donors, as well as community event hosts and corporate sponsors.
The Donor Experience Officer is an 18-month contract position.
- Oversee the annual donor stewardship communication calendar including project management and liaising with the Senior Communication Specialist and Senior Specialist, Digital and Graphic Design to produce impact reports, redevelopment updates, custom stewardship letters and thank you letters
- Work in collaboration with the database team Database to develop segmentation strategies, extract donor lists for on-going communications and lead the data management process including list accuracy and review with the development team
- Contribute to the roll-out of a stewardship pipeline in Raisers Edge and provide on-going management of donor relations activity throughout the database
- In collaboration with Director, Donor Experience and the development team draft gift agreements, record details in Raisers Edge and ensure commitments are fulfilled in a timely and meaningful manner
- Participate in the development of donor stewardship strategies for various donor segments including major, mid-level, annual, monthly, first-time, staff and physician donors, as well as community event hosts and corporate sponsors
- Proactively build relationships with vendors, donors, volunteers, and hospital representatives to meet donor obligations for reporting and recognition
- Review and manage the Endowment Reporting Program to ensure receipt of reports in a timely manner
- Provide strategy and logistical support for cultivation and stewardship events including theme and event flow, guest list creation, invitations, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, briefing documents and staffing plans
- Contribute to strategy and coordinate gathering donor survey data to inform and drive communication and stewardship strategies
- Utilize the ThankView platform to create impactful touch points for donors
- Actively research and provide recommendations to enhance donor stewardship program
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- University Degree or related education, with a minimum 3+ years of progressive donor relations and stewardship experience, preferably in a health care or education setting or complex non-profit environment
- Experience using Raisers Edge for donor relationship management an advantage
- Strong project management skills with experience working with cross-functional teams and proven ability to manage timelines
- Experience planning, managing and executing events
- Experience working with donors, volunteers and stakeholders and deep understanding of donor relations, fundraising cycles and ability to motivate and influence stakeholders
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills to support working under pressure, handling competing deadlines, shifting priorities and responding promptly to a variety of requests
- Creative, resourceful and intuitively driven team member with a strong customer service- oriented approach
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office 3 days per week. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $65,000 – $75,000. This is an 18-month contract position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by October 28, 2022. Please reference Donor Experience Officer in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.