Donor Experience Officer
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) is Central Ontario’s largest and most advanced health centre, providing the greatest range of care to the communities we serve. Offering the area’s regional programs for cancer, heart, stroke, and child and youth mental health, RVH plays a vital role in the lives of permanent and seasonal residents in the Simcoe Muskoka region.
RVH Foundation mobilizes the community to support the world-class, life-saving work of RVH. The Donor Experience Officer for the Foundation is responsible for implementing the functions of a multi-faceted stewardship and recognition program. Reporting to the Manager of Donor Experience, you will work with Foundation and hospital colleagues, as well as volunteers, to ensure all supporters understand the impact of their generosity, know how they are contributing to exceptional patient care, and to inspire transformational giving.
This position will work a hybrid model – both remote and on-site.
• More than 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience in a professional fundraising organization
• More than 2 years assisting or leading a donor stewardship and recognition program
• Proven project management success with ability to set priorities and manage multiple competing priorities
• Experience building donor relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and a donor database such as Raiser’s Edge
• Experience in video production, social media, and/or graphic design an asset
• Superior writing and editing skills with a track record of accurate, thorough and professional work
• Proven ability in planning and executing top-quality, inspiring donor events of varying sizes
• Proactive self-starter who works collaboratively but is comfortable initiating projects and working autonomously
• A deep understanding of best practices for donor stewardship and recognition with the drive and creativity to bring new ideas to enhance and grow the programs
• Execute stewardship and recognition functions for Foundation programs across all giving levels and for events and community initiatives, in partnership with those managing the relationships
• Collaborate with colleagues, external vendors and source experts to create, write, design and distribute donor newsletters, reports, letters and other pertinent stewardship materials, ensuring all content is consistent, accurate, appropriate and compelling
• Plan and execute donor tours and stewardship events
• Help to coordinate publicity for major gifts and naming announcements
• Coordinate and support community cheque presentation photo opportunities
• Oversee physical naming opportunities including: maintaining up-to-date inventory; identifying future possibilities; advising team members on opportunities; and, adhering to policies and procedures
• Provide support to Manager, Donor Experience in drafting annual operating plans (including corresponding budgets) and tactics for Foundation’s stewardship and recognition programs
• Collect data to analyze and report on results of stewardship and recognition programs
• Manage and maintain all stewardship and recognition documentation and tracking
• Ensure and maintain donor records, including data accuracy and integrity in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures
Please note, this position will be posted for 30 days, however, may be closed sooner if a successful candidate has been found.