Donor Relations Associate (Lotto)
Title: Donor Relations Associate
Department: Donor Relations & Communications
Reporting Relationships: Manager, Donor Relations
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is a premier health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
From our beginnings as a hospital for Canadian veterans, Sunnybrook has flourished into a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto, evolving to meet the needs of our growing community. Today, with 1. 3 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada’s largest trauma centre.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
Heart and vascular
High risk maternal and newborn
Image guided brain therapies
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise the awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
The Donor Relations & Communications department is responsible for providing services and experiences that deepen donor engagement with Sunnybrook. The Donor Relations team provides excellence in customer service in all interactions with donors, volunteers and in-house stakeholders. Key responsibilities of the team also include gift administration, tax receipting and data integrity.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Relations, the Donor Relations Associate will have a primary focus on donor service through the management of donor and gift data. Responsibilities include data importation and processes related to Sunnybrook’s staff 50/50 lottery and importation of one-time gifts from our gift processing partner. As well as participation in the improvement of business processes. During peak periods the Donor Relations Associate will provide back-up support for all other gift processing and customer service functions (managing data imports for third party and online channels including but not limited to events (Luminate and Artez), one-time gifts, monthly donations, one-time gifts processed by external vendors and Sunnybrook payroll). Additional projects may be assigned from time to time, as business needs arise.
Members of the Donor Relations team are specialized in one or more areas of donation processing and work may be reassigned or rotated within these areas at the discretion of the departmental Manager or Director.
- Manage processes related to Sunnybrook’s staff 50/50 lottery
- Manage processes for importing data into RE from external sources
- Respond promptly and professionally to donor inquiries and follow up on outstanding items effectively
- Create and maintain import templates, data mapping procedures and data flows for external sources
- Analyze gifts and import files to determine appropriate actions and improve processes
- Professional interaction with third party channel vendors, as required
- Manage data import projects and develop procedures within established timelines, as directed
- Manage and update database records to ensure data integrity
- Provide team back-up support for all other gift processing and donor service functions, and responding to donor inquiries via phone and/or email
- Process, update and code all gifts and pledges in Raiser’s Edge accurately
- Create constituent records in Raiser’s Edge as needed, analyze information and populate appropriate data fields where information is available
- Prepare bank deposits for gifts processed and reconcile bank deposits to RE Journal
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed
- Perform general administrative tasks (as required)
Skills and Abilities required to perform duties:
- Extensive computer, database and word processing experience
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database an asset
- Comfortable working with data in MS Excel or similar software
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including letter writing skills
- Professional interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy
- Good listener, polite, professional and diplomatic when communicating with the public as well as internal stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Work well under pressure and ability to adapt to fluctuating seasonal workload
- Demonstrated ability to work as a proactive and committed team member
- Excellent technical ability to manipulate data and improve processes
- Professional presence with excellent communication skills
- Successfully able to work in a collaborative environment with a strong data focus
- Some basic programming training and experience
- A minimum 2-3 years progressive experience in a non-profit environment
University degree or equivalent experience
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by March 11, 2022 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca
Please quote “Donor Relations Associate (Lotto)” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis