Donor Relations Coordinator
We are seeking a Donor Relations Coordinator to join Weizmann Canada’s (About Us) high performing team. The successful candidate will be an essential member of the team, contributing to the operation of a comprehensive donor and volunteer relations program ensuring that we exceed donor expectations in the ways that we acknowledge, recognize, engage and are accountable to our donors. Reporting to the Director, Donor & Volunteer Relations and in collaboration with the Communications and Development teams you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing plans to support activities that promote interaction and recognition of donors and volunteers at all levels.
You will be based in Toronto.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer
- Is goal-orientated and motivated to achieve targets
- Is committed to a high level of professionalism while adhering to best practices in providing donor-centered customer service
- Undergraduate degree required or related experience
- 2+ years in a donor or customer service-oriented role
- Previous experience working in the fundraising sector is an asset
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Experience in writing donor correspondence for senior leadership
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player who can engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Weizmann Canada
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Adobe products a strong asset
- Acts as the first point of contact for donors and volunteers at Weizmann Canada building and maintaining excellent relationships
- Greet and respond to inquiries and requests regarding donations, engage visitors and respond to inquiries regarding the Institute
- Write correspondence emails for the National Executive Director & CEO
- Coordinate and execute print and electronic stewardship communications, including thank you acknowledgements and receipts, tribute and holiday cards, welcome packages, and impact correspondence from the Institute
- Assist with the writing of content for our social media channels
- Provide data support including pulling lists and conducting integrity checks for various stewardship communications
- Update Raiser’s Edge with donor and volunteer activity
- Provide support for execution of events
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE:
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self. We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience including a robust benefits plan.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote “Donor Relations Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
The job posting will close on Monday, May 9, 2022. We thank all applicants in advance.