Donor Relations Coordinator
Position Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Home Office/The Darling Home for Kids: 5657 15th Side Road, Milton, Ontario
Reports To: Director of Development
We envision a world where no child is too complex to receive the love, care, and support they deserve.
The Darling Home for Kids provides professional, holistic, high quality, and personalized hospice, respite and residential care for children with medical complexities and their families.
Our Home is a place of joy and tranquility, filled with the smiles and laughter of children engaging in unique and enriching experiences. While children create joyful memories within our walls, their parents can take a break from the stress and isolation of caring for a child with such great needs.
Working at The Darling Home for Kids is more than just a job; it is joining a group of dedicated professionals who are devoting their careers to making a difference in the lives of families facing the daily challenges of caring for a child with complex medical needs.
Reporting to the Director of Development, our Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a best-in-class experience for our growing donor community. This position will also support the administrative needs of our Development Department, enabling the team to raise funds in excess of $3 million, required to support our programs, services and capital needs. In addition, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks within our fundraising department, including donation processing, activity tracking, database maintenance, and will be the first point of contact for all donor inquiries.
Our organization follows a hybrid work model. The successful candidate will work from The Darling Home for Kids a minimum of 2 days per week, and their home office the remainder of the time. Due to the nature of our work, this position also requires attendance at after-hours meetings and on-site event support.
Grow With Us:
Embark on our journey with us as we grow our Home – in fall 2021, we successfully completed a $7M capital campaign that will expand our walls and increase our ability to provide care for some of the most vulnerable in our community. With plans to build new bedrooms and revitalize both our clinical and therapeutic spaces starting this year, we are excited to build more space for the moments that matter.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development relating to the implementation of Development Strategies, aligned with the organization’s priorities and fiscal budget;
- Be the first point of contact for all fundraising and donation-related inquiries via phone, website, email and social media;
- Process donations, generate personalized acknowledgements, and issue tax receipts in accordance with CRA guidelines;
- Oversee and ensure accuracy and accessibility of information in the CRM database, completing data entry, updating donor records and reconciling finances;
- Generate comprehensive reports, including revenue reports, fundraising metrics and donor lists;
- Update and customize standard stewardship letters and tax receipt templates;
- Ensure all donor stewardship touchpoints and activities are executed and tracked, as per our stewardship matrix and gift agreements;
- Generate mailing lists for our direct mail activities, such as our Homefront Newsletter, Holiday Card mailing and online campaigns;
- Execute follow-up activities for In Memory and In Tribute donors;
- Coordinate communications to donors, including personal notes, thank you calls and other touchpoints;
- Coordinate development meetings and assist with logistics and materials, prepare and distribute agendas and minutes;
- Working with our Events and Sponsorship Lead, provide tactical support for our signature events, such as sponsor/guest outreach, on site support and venue preparation;
- Working with the Clinical team, compile reports on program outcomes and statistics for the purposes of donor reporting;
- Remain knowledgeable about the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, and other legislative requirements, and ensure compliance in the distribution of materials;
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field;
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the non-profit sector;
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a solid understanding of CRM databases;
- Positive and helpful attitude with superior customer service skills;
- A high level of integrity and commitment to fundraising ethics;
- An independent self-starter who works well with other team members;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities;
- Knowledge of social media platforms considered an asset;
- Flexibility to attend evening/weekend meetings and events as required;
- Unlimited access to a reliable vehicle and valid Driver’s License;
Conditions of Hire:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Satisfactory pre-employment Medical Clearance, including proof of being fully vaccinated having received the recommended dosage(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine, as approved by Health Canada.
Total Compensation Package:
- Starting salary range of $44,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications;
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, disability and professional services); employer pays 80% of premiums;
- RRSP employer matching program; 3% of earnings;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Free parking on site.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying, and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Darling Home for Kids is an inclusive organization that values diversity. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace culture and welcome interest from all qualified applicants. As an equal opportunity employer, we will accommodate applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.