Donor Relations Coordinator
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s mission to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation just achieved an incredible $250 Million campaign milestone – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – but our work is not done. The Ultimate Campaign built and equipped Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital and helped enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital; going forward, our fundraising efforts will ensure a steady flow of resources to attract the very best talent, advance excellence in our programs and services and secure the latest equipment and technology as we focus on providing the best possible outcomes for every patient who comes through our doors.
The Donor Relations Coordinator, is an essential member of the Campaigns team, contributes to the successful operation of a comprehensive stewardship program ensuring that the Foundation exceeds donor expectations in the ways that we acknowledge, recognize, engage and are accountable to our donors. Reporting to the Manager Stewardship and Donor Relations and in collaboration with the Campaigns team you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing stewardship plans to support stewardship activities that promote interaction and recognition of donors at all levels.
Contribute to the Foundation by
- Provides administrative support to the Stewardship Team and Relationship Managers including drafting briefs, preparing lead-in emails, and meeting preparation.
- Coordinates in concert with the Stewardship Team to support donor engagement programs to foster long-term, meaningful relationships between the Foundation and its donors and sponsors.
- Supports the coordination of donor and prospect tours, donor celebrations and recognition event logistics: including event briefs, room bookings, catering coordination, set-up, A/V, etc.
- In alignment with Stewardship Specialists and Relationship Managers, manage calendars for donor events and cultivation tours.
- Supports Stewardship Specialists in the coordination of portfolio initiatives such as impact reports, donor engagement calendar, and donor recognition trackers.
What must you have?
- A college or university education is required, or an equivalent combination of academic or relevant skills and experience is required.
- Previous experience working in the voluntary sector, in a hospital fundraising environment is an asset.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for donors, fundraising volunteers, and the Hospital team within a large, challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Related experience, ideally in a not-for-profit or healthcare environment, including major giving, donor stewardship and events.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a front-facing role and ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide breadth of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focused approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and timely manner.
- Able to multi-task, work independently, and work effectively in an environment with frequent disruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge; Constant Contact, database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Be a team player who is self-motivated and works effectively in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multiple workflows.
- Proven attendance record.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours is required.
What else do you bring?
- Passion for donor relations and stewardship.
- Experience working in healthcare philanthropy or not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Respectful and service oriented with donors, volunteers, and peer Foundation and Hospital staff.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job, while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models’ behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health