Donor Relations & Database Coordinator
Title: Donor Relations & Database Coordinator
Reports to: Donor Database Manager
Application deadline: March 21, 2022
Donor Relations & Database Coordinator:
Reporting to the Donor Database Manager, the Donor Relations & Database Coordinator is instrumental in helping the Foundation achieve its ambitious fundraising goals and supports both the Development and Marketing teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing donations, distributing tax receipts, sending acknowledgement letters, importing/exporting data and being the first point of contact for all incoming TPL Foundation inquiries via phone, email and website. The TPL Foundation office is located in the Toronto Reference Library at Yonge & Bloor in downtown Toronto, and this role requires a minimum of 2-days a week in the office. Currently TPLF staff are working from home with the anticipation of a hybrid work environment in the coming months.
About the Toronto Public Library Foundation:
TPLF was established in 1997 as a charity to support the world’s busiest public library system – Toronto Public Library. Funds raised by the Foundation support life-changing programs, services, spaces and collections at the Library’s 100 branches and on TPL.ca. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $95 million for TPL, thanks to the generosity of donors, partners and volunteers. To learn more about the Toronto Public Library Foundation, visit tplfoundation.ca. To learn more about the Toronto Public Library, visit tpl.ca.
Donation processing & data entry (70%)
- Process online and offline donations, generate acknowledgement letters and tax receipt and ensure compliance with CRA guidelines
- Process gifts from third party donation platforms including CanadaHelps, Benevity, ECHOage etc.
- Process monthly credit card and Direct Debit gifts through Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database
- Track TPLF merchandise sales in database
- Process gift-in-kind donations, mostly sent by the Special Collections team at the library
- Set up pledges and recurring gifts
- Liaise with TPL Accounting department to ensure all deposits are completed and relevant backups are provided
- Keep a record of electronic and paper files of the donations in a batch as a backup
Database management & reporting (15%)
- Work with Donor Database Manager to ensure accuracy, integrity and security of TPLF’s Raiser’s Edge database
- Set up, update and revise tax receipts, acknowledgement letters, and various report templates
- Create, revise and organize Export and Imports templates and utilize them to update and organize the database
- Oversee quarterly database clean-up: correcting duplicate records, address format, etc.
- Assist TPLF staff in updating mass actions, appeals etc. in the database
- Prepare weekly pivot reports of donations and ensure they are formatted for TPL Accounting to enter into Great Plains software
- Support Donor Database Manager in developing, maintaining and implementing database policies and procedures to help maximize operational efficiencies
- Work collaboratively with the Foundation staff and assist them with ad-hoc and other reports and lists pulls
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliation as well as annual audit
Donor relations & customer service (10%)
- Conduct monthly donor follow up (calls/email/mail) to manage missed gifts
- Generate mailing lists and reports and assist with managing membership lists for various volunteer Friends of Toronto Public Library groups
- Prepare and disseminate online and electronic tribute cards
- Make regular thank you calls to the donors
- Support TPLF Events Manager and Individual Giving Manager with financial record keeping and registrations related to fundraising events
- Occasionally work with volunteers to send out mailings to donors
Skills & qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, mainly with Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, composed and capable of solving problems on-the-fly
- Highly dependable, positive attitude, superior work ethic with a customer service-oriented approach
- Confident working independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle changing environmental and business needs
- And of course… a love of libraries
Preferred qualifications (an asset, but not mandatory)
- Experience working with Blackbaud Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Knowledge of corporate matching software (i.e.: 360MatchPro)
- Blackbaud Certified
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:
TPLF invites applications from all qualified individuals. The TPL Foundation is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Mandatory vaccination policy:
COVID-19 vaccines are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical or other protected ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. TPLF’s statement regarding the policy is on our website tplfoundation.ca.
Please send CV and brief cover letter by email (no phone calls please) to Foundation@tpl.ca by 10 am on Monday, March 21, 2022. Kindly include the Job Title plus your first and last name in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Final selected candidates will be asked to take a short skills test to adequately review knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software.
Thank you for your interest in the Toronto Public Library Foundation.