Donor Relations & Office Coordinator
Anishnawbe Health Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and collaborative team member who wants to work as part of a small and dynamic shop. We are seeking someone who is experienced in database and office administration, is highly organized and has superior attention to detail.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is an accredited Community Health Centre in downtown Toronto. The Centre’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of Indigenous people in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing traditional healing within a multi-disciplinary health care model. Since 1987, Anishnawbe Health has been the only provider of western medical services and Traditional Health and healing services to a rapidly growing urban Indigenous population.
Anishnawbe Health Foundation’s mission is to inspire philanthropy to:
- Support an environment where the urban Indigenous community can heal spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally by enhancing capital and program funding for Anishnawbe Health Toronto; and
- Foster the reclamation, preservation, research and application of Traditional Healing methods, including the sharing of these with all people.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Foundation’s Executive Director, the Donor Relations & Office Coordinator is a vital member of our growing team that ensures our ability to build and steward our relationships with donors and volunteers. The ideal candidate brings experience/knowledge in working with fundraising and/or customer relationship management databases; demonstrates a strong commitment to maintaining data integrity and providing excellent customer service; and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Donor Relations & Stewardship (30%)
- Answers/coordinates responses to donor and general public inquiries on the general office phone line and at email@example.com.
- Responds to donor inquiries and requests regarding donation receipts.
- Takes information for phone donations by credit card.
- Manages the acknowledgement process for in memory and in honour donations.
- Coordinates processing of all donations, including monthly donations, promptly and according to the Foundation’s acknowledgement and stewardship plan, including deposit preparation, gift documentation, data entry in the fundraising database, tax receipt generation and acknowledgement letter production.
- Generates donor pledge reminders on a monthly basis.
- Supports the Manager Annual Giving & Donor Relations in implementing donor recognition and stewardship programs including donor reporting, impact mailings/updates, annual report and website listings, donor wall updating and plaque/naming opportunities.
Database Coordination and Reporting (30%)
- Creates constituent records for new donors and prospects, and enters updates to existing donors’ contact and profile information as required.
- Undertakes a systematic review of existing database records to identify and correct duplicate records and data inconsistencies, and performs database maintenance procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Works with team to ensure the timely and accurate entry of donor actions and management of major gifts pipeline tracking, and imports actions and appeal coding for event participations and direct marketing campaigns.
- Works in conjunction with the team to implement new campaign, fund and appeal structures to inform analysis, decision-making, and strategy development.
- Creates, updates and maintains the business rules and database procedures manual.
- Designs and generates monthly reports on financial status, prospect management, donor communications and stewardship activities, and creates ad hoc reports and donor listings as required.
Office Administration (20%)
- Books meetings and coordinates all materials for Board of Directors and Standing Committee meetings (i.e. reserves meeting space, assistance in preparing and distributing agendas and meeting materials, organizes refreshments, etc.).
- With the Executive Director, records and distributes minutes for all Board of Directors and Standing Committee meetings, prepares action lists and follows up on actions as required.
- Books team meetings and records/distributes actions items.
- Maintains governance and membership in Board volunteer online portal (Boardable system).
- Performs prospect research on prospective major donors and foundations as required.
- Collects, opens and distributes office mail.
- Deposits cheques in the Foundation bank account and assists the bookkeeper to reconcile all donated revenue on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates the payment of invoices with the Foundation’s bookkeeper.
- Assists team in preparing and submitting monthly expense reports.
- Manages office supplies and marketing materials inventory, ordering new as necessary.
Communications & Event Support (20%)
- Assists the Manager Communications & Events in layout and design of e-newsletters, e-blasts and social media posts.
- Updates and maintains Foundation marketing & communications shared calendar.
- Serves as the team backup for social media posts and Foundation website updates when the Manager Communications & Events is absent.
- Maintains event registration lists and rsvps.
- Recruits, screens and trains event and office volunteers as needed to support the Foundation’s community work.
- Maintains list and responds to inquiries of people interested in volunteering with the Foundation.
- Supports the Manager Communications & Events in event logistics to ensure a top experience for all event attendees.
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent related experience in fundraising, office/business administration or a related field.
- Two to three years of not for profit experience an asset.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous community in Toronto and passion about healthcare and Traditional Healing practices are an asset.
- Professional demeanor and exceptional interpersonal skills with excellent judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to move projects forward according to timeline with a problem solving orientation.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information with discretion.
- Significant experience with databases, including report generation and data import, preferred. Experience with donor database software and/or customer relationship database management (such as Salsa Engage, Salesforce or Raisers’ Edge) an asset.
- Skilled at accurate data entry.
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) required. Knowledge of WordPress and Social Media applications an asset.
- Flexibility is required as occasional evening and weekend work is necessary.
SALARY RANGE, BENEFITS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Annual salary in the range of $42,500 – $55,000 with a comprehensive benefits package, three weeks of annual vacation and a commitment to your professional development.
Until the end of stay at home orders, the successful candidate will be expected to work from a home office (laptop supplied). Upon return to the office, full vaccination (or approved medical exemption) is required.
Email a cover letter and resume to Julie Cookson, Executive Director, Anishnawbe Health Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 7, 2022 at 5 p.m.
The Foundation welcomes all applications. Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous and meet the job requirements will be given first consideration.
The Foundation values diversity and benefits from contributions from diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you are invited for an interview and you require accommodation, please let us know.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Anishnawbe Health Foundation. Chi-Miigwetch.