Donor Relations Officer
Req ID: 19198
Faculty/Division: UofT Scarborough
Department: UTSC: Development & Alumni Relations
Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
Leading the fundraising and alumni relations activities for University of Toronto Scarborough, the Development & Alumni Relations Office (DARO) supports the campus and over 60,000 alumni. At this time, UTSC is undertaking an ambitious strategic plan with an approach of inspiring inclusive excellence. As we prepare for our next big challenge, DARO seeks an experienced, detail-oriented individual who exemplifies a customer-oriented, hospitality-focused approach to stakeholders.
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the incumbent supports donor recognition, stewardship activities and data analysis in the Development and Alumni Relations Office. Working closely with the advancement team, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating and implementing stewardship activities, initiatives and programs to promote the interaction and recognition of donors at all levels, with a particular focus on major gift donors.
The incumbent will also provide support to the Executive Director, Development and Alumni Relations for activities related to fostering positive relationships with prospective and existing donors including assessing needs and contributing to the implementation of plans for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition.
Key duties include: preparing and maintaining stewardship plans; designing and implementing customized and meaningful recognition for major gift donors; conceptualizing events; and overseeing the annual donor financial reporting process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing stewardship reports, cultivation material and fundraising proposals.
- Drafting donor acknowledgment and recognition communications.
- Implementing established stewardship program activities.
- Analyzing the impact of stewardship programming on fundraising initiatives.
- Providing detailed information for the development of donor relations and stewardship programs.
- Conceptualizing special events and/or functions.
- Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items.
- Updating prospect databases and portfolios.
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum four years of recent and related experience working in advancement or related environment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and implementing tailored advancements programs.
- Experience implementing stewardship program activities.
- Experience with information, data management and donor financial reporting.
- Experience working with fundraising/constituent databases like ARBOR, CRM and/or Blackboard systems or comparable systems.
- Experience writing fundraising reports and correspondence from non-template documents is critical.
- Experience preparing reports from multiple data sources required.
- Experience planning and organizing events.
- Experience maintaining websites.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising, including stewardship, preferably in a highly complex environment within a large non-profit or higher education organization.
- Applicants are expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
NOTE: This is a 2 year limited TERM appointment. A full copy of the job description is available upon request from UTSC HR Office.
Closing Date: 12/13/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Term
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 — $66,326 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $84,818. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial