Donor Relations Officer
Donor Relations Officer
Permanent Full-time Position
May 30, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the position:
Renascent Foundation is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Donor Relations Officer to join their incredible team of fundraisers.
With a focus on building and maintaining relationships, you will work with donors who give in different ways, such as individuals, foundations and corporate partners. In this position you’ll be encouraged and empowered to be your best self. You’ll work with a dynamic team, as well as various staff who are eager to share their knowledge with you. By bringing your philanthropic passion and expertise to Renascent, they will help you achieve your personal and professional goals through meaningful and diverse work.
You will be part of a team championing fundraising goals to help move Renascent’s Strategic Plan forward. For more information about Renascent visit renascent.ca
Reporting to the Manager of Philanthropy, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for managing all aspects of the donor development cycle and stewardship of donors and prospects.
Supported by a team of professionals, the incumbent will successfully meet and exceed the Annual Campaign Fundraising goals. This individual is a generalist with a strong donor-centered approach.
- Act as primary manager for a portfolio of annual and mid-level giving ($500-$5,000) in order to move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure, maintaining a balance between discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Recommend and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gifts cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual prospects (e.g. alumni, past service recipients, friends of Renascent, board members, and internal and external stakeholders), working with the Manager of Philanthropy to identify and engage new prospects for purposes of meeting established Renascent strategic fundraising goals.
- Review and track funds and reports on the use of gifts, as assigned.
- Ensure proper electronic and hard copy filing of proposals, donor gift agreements, acknowledgements, stewardship letters, reports, and correspondence.
- Act as the project lead on all annual giving appeals, including the holiday giving campaign in collaboration with the Communication team.
- Cultivate and expand planned giving opportunities with new and existing donors, and integrate planned gift objectives into major individual donor requests in collaboration with Manager of Philanthropy.
- In collaboration with the Communication Specialist, oversee and plan annual donor communication targeting annual fund donors.
- Integrate Alumni Engagement and Renascent event activities as a component of the overall development strategy.
- Maintain knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving opportunities; use knowledge in prospect cultivation and solicitation as appropriate.
- Help prepare and write fundraising materials including cases for support, proposals, briefing notes, stewardship reports and other correspondence to support fundraising efforts with a keen interest in evolving online donor engagement tools.
- Engage in collaborative team work for sponsorship solicitations for major and signature events.
- Document moves management in our donor relations management system and reflect all fundraising activity including call outcomes, actions, notes, relationship connections etc.
- Assist in other duties and special projects as required in furthering the goals of Foundation.
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a discipline applicable to the position or an equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in fundraising and/or annual/major gift environment.
- Excellent writing, research, communication and presentation skills – virtual and in person.
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills, ability to work as part of a team and professional attitude and appearance are required.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member’s contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Self-starter who is motivated to learn and grow.
- Commitment to excellent donor service and stewardship.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to juggle competing priorities, to be part of a team, to be responsive and to meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results and must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments, multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal supervision.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar fundraising software.
- Versatile in platforms such as Adobe PDF Editor, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, and WordPress, including Cloud and VPN environments.
Although you may not have performed every responsibility or have all of the qualifications listed above, you may possess transferable skills and align with our values. We still welcome your application.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before May 30, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all.