Donor Relations Officer
The Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering is a world-renowned community of researchers and students dedicated to solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges through collaborative and multidisciplinary research and experiential education. Through rigorous technical training, and unparalleled extracurricular and professional experience opportunities, we prepare the next generation of engineering leaders and change-makers to unlock the future’s potential.
The Office of Advancement works to sustain and enhance the Faculty’s academic mission, leadership and worldwide impact by engaging alumni and private-sector stakeholders. As part of Defy Gravity: The Campaign for the University of Toronto, we seek to harness the talent, generosity, and compassion of our global community to strengthen the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence and accelerate work on the most complex issues facing our world today.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Stewardship and Donor Relations and the Director of Operations, Advancement the incumbent will work closely with Prospect Managers to collaboratively develop and coordinate the execution of highly personalized Individual Stewardship Plans that define a tailored stewardship experience for each donor to the Faculty. The Donor Relations Officer will act as project manager for high value stewardship projects within the Advancement team ensuring that donors and volunteers feel more engaged with the Faculty.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintains positive and mutually rewarding relations among the Faculty and its donors, partners with development officers on stewardship strategies for key donors, and builds ongoing and active networking with campus and external constituents to promote a culture of philanthropy through the acknowledgment process and reporting on the impact of gifts.
- Manage and maintain all stewardship documentation and tracking, including leveraging the Arbor donor database.
- Recommend appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies and timing for donor/prospect visits, debrief and manage follow up activity.
- Identify donors for specialized reporting and partner with Advancement team members to develop opportunities for stewardship of these donors throughout the year.
- Obtains and evaluates data needed for a tiered stewardship system and collaborates with Communications and Development teams to create customized stewardship collateral and tailored events.
- Liaises with Divisional University Advancement Stewardship teams to ensure compliance with stewardship policies and procedures.
- Seek ways to further engage existing donors and to inspire deeper levels of engagement, resulting in deeper donor relationships with the Faculty.
- Maintains a robust knowledge of University-wide funding priorities and a general knowledge of the Faculty and unit funding priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years in a fundraising or advancement environment in a donor facing role.
- Experience with student information systems and donor databases such as ROSI and Arbor.
- Experience providing excellent customer service, and building and maintaining donor relationships that inspire confidence from donors.
- Demonstrated understanding of philanthropic funds management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and work environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite and Adobe programs at an advanced level.
- Ability to research and organize information and data with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret data.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to think creatively and try new things.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Work Location: Hybrid work arrangement is available.