Donor Relations Specialist
The Baycrest Foundation provides crucial funding to the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care. The Foundation solicits funds from donors either through direct solicitation or events.
The Donor Relations Specialist, as a member of the Major Gifts team, contributes to the successful operation of a comprehensive stewardship program, ensuring that the Foundation exceeds donor expectations in the ways that we acknowledge, recognize, engage and are accountable to our donors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaises with major gift fundraisers to develop customized recognition plans for major donors
- Executes all aspects of recognition plans, including overseeing installation of physical recognition, liaising with vendors, keeping to timelines, etc.
- Creates mock-ups and visuals for donors, working with vendors as appropriate
- Oversees all aspects of stewardship communications calendar, including writing customized thank-you letters and liaising with the Marketing & Communications team to produce donor spotlight stories for web, digital displays, or print
- Works with Marketing team to review and revise stewardship reporting for donors, adhering to timelines and deliverables
- Reviews and revise all gift documentation for accuracy and compliance of terms, conditions, & donor information
- Edits and maintain accuracy of donor listings for annual report, Hall of Honour, and all donor materials
- Contributes to annual updates and ongoing maintenance to Hall of Honour wall and digital display by liaising with vendors, maintaining accurate records, etc.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree or recognized or equivalent in a related field of study
- Strong project management skills, and ability to work in a time-sensitive, goal-oriented and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, both in terms of data accuracy and creative aesthetics
- Excellent writing skills, particularly for donor letters and reports
- Highly effective at working independently, balancing multiple priorities and acting as a team player
- Experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop an asset
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Ability to work independently and accurately as well as solve problems effectively
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle competing priorities effectively in a busy and fluid work environment
- Minimum three (3) years direct donor experience in the not-for-profit sector