Donor Services and Operations Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week (Hybrid schedule during the pandemic (with possibility of hybrid schedule post pandemic)
Salary: $51,829 annually (L6), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
Internal Application Deadline: Monday, July 11, 2022
External Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 13, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Donor Services and Operations Officer is responsible for overall health and integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database, and gift administration including: database/list management, gift receipts, donor relations and donor acknowledgements; financial reporting, as well as training of staff and volunteers on the use of the database and monitoring the integrity of the data. This position is within our dynamic Philanthropy department and works closely with our Finance team.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We help women, girls and gender diverse people flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic non-partisan advocacy.
- Handles all donor inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner and resolves complaints. Where necessary, refers donor concerns to the appropriate Manager or to the Director as needed;
- Responsible for processing monthly donations from different sources;
- Provides support to all Philanthropy staff with report development and data pulls as related to donor activities and communications;
- Inputs donor and other information into Raiser’s Edge database for all fundraising activities online and offline;
- Ensures accurate deposit process and revenue and expense entries for Philanthropy Departmental budgets;
- Ensures the accurate processing of all donations and prepares all donor thank you letters and tax receipts in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines;
- Responsible for the following reports: monthly allocation report of fundraising revenue and expenses to YWCA programs; weekly reconciliation reports for receipt processing; year-end reports for the external audit and fundraising section of Revenue Canada forms;
- Department liaison for the annual external audit meeting with auditors;
- Responsible for liaison between the Association, donors of stocks and other securities, various financial institutions and brokers;
- Maintains Departmental financial records in accordance with the policies, procedures and practice of the organization.