Donor Services and Operations Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: $51,829 (L6), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
Internal Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 23, 2022
External Application Deadline: Friday, March 25, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Donor Services and Operations Officer is responsible for overall health and integrity of the database, and gift administration including: database/list management, donation receipts and donor acknowledgements; financial reporting, as well as training of staff and volunteers on the use of the database and monitoring the integrity of the data.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We help women, girls and gender diverse people flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Handles all donor inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner and resolves complaints. Where necessary, refers donor concerns to the appropriate Manager or to the Director as needed;
- Responsible for processing monthly donations from different sources;
- Provides support to all Philanthropy staff with report development and data pulls as related to donor activities and communications;
- Inputs donor and other information into Philanthropy databases for all fundraising activities online and offline;
- Ensures accurate deposit process and revenue and expense entries for Philanthropy Departmental budgets;
- Ensures the accurate processing of all donations and prepares all donor thank you letters and tax receipts in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines;
- Responsible for the following reports: monthly allocation report of fundraising revenue and expenses to YWCA programs; weekly reconciliation reports for receipt processing; year-end reports for the external audit and fundraising section of Revenue Canada forms;
- Department liaison for the annual external audit meeting with auditors;
- Responsible for liaison between the Association, donors of stocks and other securities, various financial institutions and brokers;
- Maintains Departmental financial records in accordance with the policies, procedures and practice of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree;
- 3 to 5 years of directly related experience (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
- Computer competency in database management software, word processing, and spreadsheets, including Excel, Raiser’s Edge and GP;
- Experience with fundraising data management is required;
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and meet goals in a timely manner;
- Understanding and knowledge of CRA guidelines and the Privacy Legislation;
- Accuracy in written work and data-entry;
- Excellent verbal communications skills;
- Superior organizational and administrative skills and ability to work to deadlines;
- Experience working in a non-profit organization;
- Good knowledge of the issues for services to women and girls.
Note: Vacation may not be taken during the Annual Association Audit or other peak times in the Annual Giving campaign cycle i.e. May, Late December and Early January.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 30, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. The YWCA will consider written requests for accommodation under the Human Rights Code on a case by case basis and will accommodate those individuals who are legally entitled to accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Mitzi Reinsilber, Manager of Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JOB ID number PHIL652 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter and email subject line, if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.