Donor Stewardship Coordinator
Date: September 2022
Department: Fund Raising
Reports to: Senior Manager, Donor Experience
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $45,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Time Required on-site: 20% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and distribute it to charities and not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
The Donor Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for supporting the execution of a best-in-class donor stewardship program connecting our individual, corporate, and foundation partners with the impact of their support.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about deepening relationships with our food and financial donors through meaningful engagement experiences.
- Participate in strategic planning activities in collaboration with team members, to identify and implement fundraising goals/objectives.
- Support the design and execution of a high-touch donor stewardship program, leveraging telephone, e-mail, mail, and other channels to communicate the impact of our supporters’ generosity.
- Manage the execution of corporate and foundation donor recognition activities in collaboration with the Development department’s key relationship managers, ensuring the timely fulfilment of recognition commitments.
- Support the Senior Manager, Donor Experience in the development and execution of a food donor stewardship program.
- Manage the gift acknowledgement process for corporate and foundation donor gifts, ensuring timely acknowledgement of gifts.
- Draft and edit personal appreciation and stewardship letters, stewardship reports, and e-mail communications.
- Develop custom impact statements and stories, including liaising with national staff members to collect stories and photos.
- Support the planning and execution of stewardship events, including the implementation of an annual donor awards event program, providing tactical coordination of key event activities.
- Manage the timely input and tracking of the donor experience in the Raiser’s Edge database, ensure that records accurately reflect donor activities and support the continual improvement of stewardship tracking across the Development team.
- Ensure department-wide collection of stewardship materials and share with the organization to support the cultivation of prospects, donors, and people of influence.
- Collaborate with the Donor Stewardship Team and the Development team to ideate and implement meaningful and unique stewardship tactics.
- Support the tracking of the donor experience (touchpoints, action tracks, etc.) in the Raiser’s Edge database; ensure engagement is accurately assigned and executed in a way that exceeds the donors’ expectations and provides meaningful experiences.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Fundraiser: you have 1-3 years of proven success working in donor stewardship and/or fundraising, with a strong understanding of effective donor stewardship and communication tactics.
- Donor-Focused: You put the donor at the heart of your work and understand the power of effective stewardship as a means to cultivate strong, long-term relationships.
- Collaborative: you have a positive, collaborative working style with the ability to manage competing interests with diplomacy.
- Organized & Detail-Oriented: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a high attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
- Communicator: you have excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with donor management databases (specifically Raiser’s Edge) is an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends; able to travel and have a valid Class G driver’s license (mileage compensated).
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before September 25, 2022, via email, with “DONOR STEWARDSHIP COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.