Event and Stewardship Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: $48,841 per annum (L5), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
Internal Application Deadline: Monday, July 4, 2022
External Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 6, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Event & Stewardship Officer is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the Manager of Events, Corporate and Community Partnership, primarily for the YWCA Toronto Women of Distinction Awards event as well as coordinating third party initiatives, and stewardship events.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We help women, girls and gender diverse people flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager of Events, Corporate and Community Partnership, including word processing, data entry, list management, revenue/expense monitoring, scheduling, filing, faxing, mailings and e-mail for the Women of Distinction event;
- Co-ordinates, plans, and organizes all third party events;
- In the absence of the Manager, monitors all incoming mail, calls and requests, prioritizing urgent matters and taking appropriate action as needed;
- Supports event committees including meeting planning and notification, preparing meeting materials and minutes as required;
- Supports the Manager with sponsorship activities and recognition fulfillment;
- Works with the Donor Services and Operations Officer and the Finance Department to ensure accurate tracking of financial and registration information, within the established departmental financial procedures;
- In collaboration with the Manager, monitors the event budget (revenue and expenses) and providing for financial reports as required;
- Co-ordinates the production and distribution of event related materials;
- Co-ordinates the event logistics including seating arrangements and managing special requests from guests;
- Orders and coordinates administrative supplies and materials, such as letterhead, envelopes and name tags.
- General knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through completion of a community college diploma in a related field;
- 3 to 5 years directly related experience (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
- Advanced computer competency in word processing, spreadsheets, database management software; and the Internet. Working knowledge of fundraising software an asset (preferred);
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Experience working with volunteers and a commitment to excellent customer service;
- Experience working in a not-for-profit setting with a demonstrated awareness of issues affecting women and girls;
- Experience with virtual events and digital fundraising would be an asset;
- May be necessary to work in excess of 35 hours per week when major deadlines have to be met, evening and weekend work included.
Note: Restriction on vacation: 5 weeks leading up to WOD and 1 week after plus one week for each prescheduled third party event.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 30, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. The YWCA will consider written requests for accommodation under the Human Rights Code on a case by case basis and will accommodate those individuals who are legally entitled to accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Faith Feingold, Manager of Events, Corporate and Community Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JOB ID number PHIL715 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter and your email subject line, if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: June 23, 2022