Event and Stewardship Officer (Contract)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Contract
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: $26.31 per hour (L5)
Location: 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
Contract Start Date: Monday, March 21, 2022
Contract End Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Event and Stewardship Officer is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to The Manager Events, Corporate and Community Partnerships, primarily for the YWCA Toronto Women of Distinction Awards event as well as development and implementation of Peer to Peer (P2P) fundraising, virtual and in-person third party events and stewardship.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We help women, girls and gender diverse people flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager of Events, Corporate and Community Partnerships, including word processing, data entry, list management, revenue/expense monitoring, scheduling, filing, faxing, mailings and e-blasts for the Women of Distinction and other events;
- Plans, promotes and organizes all P2P fundraising and actively solicits and coordinates third party events;
- Responds to inquiries and develops a program aimed at increasing P2P fundraising and third-party revenue;
- Supports event committees including meeting planning and notification, preparing meeting materials and minutes as required;
- Supports the Manager with event marketing, fundraising and sponsorship activities and recognition fulfilment;
- Co-ordinates the event logistics including registration and P2P fundraising platforms, liaising with speakers, vendors and managing special requests from speakers and guests;
- Assists with the management of all event files, records and lists including hard copies, computer files and Raisers Edge database.
- General knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through completion of a community college diploma in a related field;
- 3 to 5 years event planning and fundraising experience (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
- Advanced computer competency in word processing, spreadsheets, database management software and the Working knowledge of fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge preferred);
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Experience working with volunteers and a commitment to excellent customer service;
- Experience working in a not-for-profit setting with a demonstrated awareness of issues affecting women and girls;
- Experience with virtual events and digital fundraising would be an asset;
- May be necessary to work in excess of 35 hours per week when major deadlines have to be met, evening and weekend work included.
Note: Restriction on vacation: 5 weeks leading up to WOD and 1 week after plus one week for each prescheduled third party event.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 30, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. The YWCA will consider written requests for accommodation under the Human Rights Code on a case by case basis and will accommodate those individuals who are legally entitled to accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Faith Feingold, Manager of Events, Corporate & Community Partnerships at email@example.com. Please quote JOB ID number PHIL642 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: February 18, 2022