Event and Volunteer Coordinator
Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation is seeking an event fundraiser to coordinate our mission-critical fundraising events portfolio. This is a full-time position with benefits, based at Wellspring Westerkirk House, 105 Wellness Way, in Toronto. Wellspring has a hybrid work environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate major fundraising events and meet related fundraising goals
- Provide logistical plans and coordinate logistical details for fundraising events
- Support day-of event volunteers and volunteer event committees
- Recruit participants and volunteers for Wellspring’s cycling event and walk/run event(s)
- Liaise with the Communications Department regarding marketing plans
- Oversee third-party event portfolio including providing third party event organizers with Wellspring guidelines and materials, as well as attending third party events, when necessary etc.
- Steward event donors
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- At least 2-3 years of fundraising event experience
- Strong teamwork and team-building capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A university degree
- A valid driver’s license, ideally with access to a vehicle
- Professional demeanour
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with managing peer-to-peer fundraising platforms would be an asset
- Previous experience with walk/run events, bicycle rides or similar would be an asset
This role requires some travel around the Greater Toronto Area and occasional travel outside of this region. Flexible work hours are sometimes needed to accommodate event requirements.
If you have the above qualifications and would like to support Wellspring’s mission of helping individuals and families living with cancer, please apply to Eva Thurlow with cover letter and résumé at email@example.com. Please put Event and Volunteer Coordinator in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Wellspring promotes diversity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations. Wellspring provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wellspring is a network of community-based support centres and online programs that meet the emotional, practical, and physical/functional needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. For more information, visit www.wellspring.ca.