Wellspring is seeking an event fundraiser to lead our mission-critical fundraising events portfolio. This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
- Lead major fundraising events and meet related fundraising goals
- Secure event sponsorship and steward event donors
- Lead volunteer and rider recruitment efforts for cycling event
- Support volunteer event committees
- Prepare fundraising marketing pieces
- Develop and fundraising and marketing plan for each event
- Oversee third party events and related community partnerships
- Provide support and mentorship for the Fundraising Coordinator, who is a direct report
- At least 3 years of fundraising and sponsorship experience, including event management
- Proven track record in teamwork and team-building
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A university degree
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Professional demeanour
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with managing peer-to-peer fundraising platforms (e.g. TeamRaiser)
- Previous experience with walk/run events, bicycle rides or similar an asset
The Events Manager role is based at Wellspring Westerkirk House, which is on the campus of the Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. It requires some travel around the Greater Toronto Area and occasional travel outside of this region. Wellspring has a hybrid work environment. Flexible work hours are sometimes needed to accommodate event requirements.
All applicants must be doubly vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you have the above qualifications and would like to support Wellspring’s mission of helping individuals and families living with cancer, please apply to Eva Thurlow with cover letter and résumé at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Wellspring promotes diversity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations. Wellspring provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wellspring is a network of community-based support centres offering programs and services that meet the emotional, practical, and physical/functional needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. For more information, visit www.wellspring.ca.