Event Planner – Part Time
Huntsville Hospital Foundation
The Huntsville Hospital Foundation may be located in a small, beautiful community surrounded by lakes but its impact is anything but small when it comes to care and advanced medicine. It provides substantial financial supports the Huntsville site of Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare. The Huntsville site includes a full emergency department, 37 acute care beds, 2 operating theatres, 2 endoscopy suites, advanced diagnostics capabilities, a dialysis centre, and it is the District Stroke Centre for Muskoka.
The Event Planner will support Huntsville Hospital Foundation (HHF) in carrying out its Mission of Inspiring giving to support Huntsville Hospital. The Event Planner reports directly to the Executive Director (ED).
The Foundation is looking for a highly motivated and accomplished event planner who is detail-oriented, organized, and a multitasker who is comfortable in a busy environment.
You need to be consistently accurate in your work and be open-minded, while simultaneously handling multiple demands and pivot with changing needs, as necessary. Working with a highly effective team at the Foundation is dynamic, challenging and hugely rewarding.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Plan and execute all the Foundation’s signature special events, including but not limited to: Bigwin Golf Tournament, Annual Radiothon, etc.
- Manage and execute the Foundation’s third party event program, minimum 6 per year, which involves working with community members on a variety of events such as golf tournaments, seasonal events such as dock parties and annual boat poker run event.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s culture by understanding and supporting our Mission and Vision and demonstrate our values.
- Manage and support multiple volunteer committees and communications, and ensure objectives are met, the committee is informed and engaged, and co-chairs receive exceptional support during planning and execution of events.
- Develop annual and special event budgets and establish goals for all events and maintain records of expenditures, contracts, and deliverables.
- Oversee execution of all event related logistics including rentals, contracts, purchase orders, RSVPs, advertising and collection of contact details and required event information.
- Research suppliers, negotiate quotes, manage contracts and oversee deliverables for all external vendors.
- Produce event debrief reports and evaluations to inform future events.
Knowledge & Skills
- Post-secondary diploma in event planning & management or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in event planning for not for profit charities, hospitality or fundraising required.
- Exceptional project management and time management skills required.
- Social Media and marketing skills a must.
- Raisers Edge or other fundraising-database experience an asset.
- Proven experience in working with senior volunteers and board members.
- Must be able to take direction, and handle difficult situations with mature judgement, initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and diplomacy in building strong relationships diverse stakeholders required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to all levels of an organization.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
- Office administration experience.
- Must adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate an empathic disposition and perseverance, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors.
- Evidence of excellent results-based performance.
- Experience in working with volunteers at all levels.
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Works well in a team and independently.
The Event Planner must be available for some in-person meetings at the Foundation office. The Event Planner must meet the needs of the Donor Community by;
- being available for community meetings on weekends and evenings.
- attending events in support of the Foundation.
- meeting with donors and donor prospects in the community or any place that may be convenient for them.
- meeting with volunteers in the community at a place that may be convenient for them.
Confidentiality and Discretion
HHF is committed to protecting the privacy of all information that is acquired through the general operation of a healthcare fundraising organization. HHF does not trade, share or sell any personal information to third parties. All information remains confidential.
The Event Planner position is a part-time (22.5 hours/week) position with HHF. Compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s experience however in the range of $25 – $30K/annum
Pleas email your cover letter and resume to Katherine Craine: email@example.com
As a condition of employment, external hires are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department