The Events Department at Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for an EVENTS SPECIALIST (non-union).
The Events Department of the Foundation is responsible for developing and executing fundraising events that generate approximately $10M in gross revenue annually. These events range from small stewardship & cultivation events, to large signature events.
This position reports to an Event Manager, and works collaboratively with internal departments, event participants, committees, vendors and event donors organize events that increase Baycrest’s profile and generates revenue for the Foundation.
Note that in this role, some evening, early morning, weekend and physical work is expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of assigned events; including creating, ensuring adherence to, and reporting on event critical paths
- Manage all logistics for ancillary events which support the events and or key portions of signature events
- Lead development of and implementation of new ideas to keep event fresh and exciting
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and/or events simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Work with Marketing & Communications to create and implement marketing plans for all assigned events
- Compiled post event reports and recommend directional changes to strategy and planning year over year with the goal of increasing net revenue
- Work cross functionally with the Major Gifts team to meet sponsorship revenue targets, and implement stewardship and cultivation initiatives Create and implement acquisition plan to recruit new event participants and donors
- Communicate with event participants on a regular basis
- Create and adhere to event documents including critical paths, event overviews, briefing documents and budgets
- Must demonstrate initiative, autonomous and be highly motivated
- Ability to see the big picture goals of the organization and contribute on day-to-day tasks
- Pro-active, solution-oriented, resourceful
- Demonstrates above average problem solving abilities
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate Degree or combination of related education and experience required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (‘CFRE’) credential is an asset
- Minimum 5 years experience in an event role, preferably in a professional fundraising environment
- Experience navigating stakeholders with different priorities
- Proficiency with donor databases and prospect tracking systems; experience with Raisers’ Edge is an asset
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to manage multiple critical paths simultaneously
- Ability to manage overlapping events and timelines
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and short turnaround timelines
- Ability to navigate continually shifting priorities in a nimble way
- Must demonstrate initiative, be autonomous and be highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
Submit resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate where you saw the posting in your application letter.
Please note that Baycrest has implemented mandatory vaccination for all employees. It is a condition of employment that new employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. This means that all new employees must have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to their start date. In addition, it is a condition of employment that all new hires obtain and submit proof of all booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.