The Events Department at Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for an EVENTS COORDINATOR (NON-UNION).
Responsible for Foundation fundraising events, which develop and execute multiple organizational signature events each year. The Event Coordinator would be responsible for supporting the development and execution of signature events as well as being responsible for executing multiple small to medium ancillary events that support the larger Foundation events portfolio. Events could include media launches, recruitment and/or stewardship events and pilot fundraising initiatives.
This position reports to an Event Manager, and works collaboratively with internal departments, event participants, committees, vendors and event donors to organize events that increase Baycrest’s profile and generate critical revenue for the Foundation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with any ancillary events related to Pro Am and B2B bike ride as well as supports other foundation events as directed by the Events Manager
- Provides support to the Events Manager on planning and executing fundraising and operational elements of each event
- Takes the lead on the planning and development of an annual Golf Tournament
- Supports team and event participant fundraising including ongoing communication and tech support to ensure optimal fundraising
- Provides support for updating the budget, critical paths and briefing documents
- Booking and liaises with event vendors from catering to AV
- Works with internal Marketing & Communications Department to develop and deliver event collateral include signage, programs, speaking notes etc.
- Responsible for keeping Events Manager up-to-date with projects and managing timelines with stakeholders
- Assists in finding creative ways to save costs and find efficiencies where possible to increase net return
- Admin duties include calendar management, reconciling monthly budgets and expenses
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- College Diploma, University degree or combination of related education and experience
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (‘CFRE’) credential is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of related event coordination experience and/or fundraising experience, preferably in a Foundation setting with proven success and a demonstrated keen interest in special events
- Proficient with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office
- Experience with a fundraising peer-to-peer platform (such as CrowdChange, Artez or other) would be an asset
- Proficiency with donor databases and prospect tracking systems; experience with Raisers’ Edge is an asset
- Experience with the development and tracking of event critical paths and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and short turnaround timelines
Submit resume and covering letter to: email@example.com . Please indicate where you saw the posting in your application letter.
Please note that Baycrest has implemented mandatory vaccination for all employees. It is a condition of employment that new employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. This means that all new employees must have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to their start date. In addition, it is a condition of employment that all new hires obtain and submit proof of all booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis in compliance with Baycrest’s legal obligations.