Title: Events Coordinator
Department: Marketing & Events
Reporting Relationships: Manager, Events
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to advance the mission and vision of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre by raising awareness and financial contributions to invent the future of health care. Simply put, philanthropic support allows us to accelerate the pace of research and innovation, purchase the most advanced equipment, and attract the best and brightest minds.
Located within Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre on Bayview Avenue in Toronto, the Foundation consists of more than 65 professionals and support staff who work in close partnership with our Hospital colleagues. With ambitious goals ahead, the Foundation is committed to continuing to grow our results and impact as we help Sunnybrook to raise sights, uncover new possibilities, develop talent, and deliver exceptional care.
Sunnybrook Foundation is seeking a skilled Events Coordinator to support and grow the Foundation’s community and partnership events portfolios. The Events Coordinator will cultivate and nurture strong relationships with community event organizers, donors, sponsors and participants by providing exceptional support and guidance in an effort to build long-term partnerships and raise revenue for Sunnybrook Foundation.
This role is part of a highly collaborative team that drives continued growth for Sunnybrook Foundation.
Community (Third Party) Events support
- Manage and build meaningful relationships with community event organizers by providing fundraising and event expertise to support their efforts in a manner that is consistent with Foundation guidelines
- Build, steward and maintain a pipeline of 40+ third party organizers and community partners annually and increase retention year over year
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within the Hospital and Foundation to support the advancement of community fundraisers
- Attend community events on behalf of the Foundation
Partnership Events support
- Assist the Manager and Event Officer(s) in the execution of assigned partnership events
- Provide support for sponsorship solicitation and tracking, including researching new opportunities
- Assist with creating and updating event planning documents
- Update budgets and negotiate best pricing with suppliers and vendors
- Participate and assist in committee meetings and act as a liaison with volunteers to establish meaningful relationships
- Provide support at events which can require evening and weekend work, and occasional local travel
- In addition, the Events Coordinator may provide support to signature and donor events, as required
- Maintain and update donor and event records; ensuring activity is promptly and accurately recorded in CRM (Raisers’ Edge) and fundraising platforms (Artez)
- Collaborate with internal and/or external marketing and communications teams to develop content for event marketing materials
- In collaboration with donor relations team, manage event donations and donor inquiries associated with portfolio, including accepting donations and assisting with tax receipt delivery
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member and on your own with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and relationships in a fast-paced professional environment
- Embraces change and looks for opportunities for continuous improvement personally and for the organization
- Effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Understanding of relationship building, fundraising and stewardship
- Minimum college and/or university degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in event planning preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements including December holiday closure and ½ day Friday’s leading into long weekends
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience, by March 25, 2022 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote Events Coordinator in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.