Events Coordinator, York Region Animal Centre
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity and has been operating for 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario; we value all animals and advocate to treat them with respect and kindness. We strive to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services.
Position: A love of event planning and fundraising will drive the success of the Events Coordinator. This role will act as the primary lead for developing and executing fundraising events and community fundraising initiatives in support of revenue generation for the York Region Animal Centre.
Status: Full Time
This role is eligible to participate in our flexible work policy and program
A Typical Day
- Leading the planning and execution of community fundraising events and campaigns, including peer to peer, virtual and in-person (Cupcake Day, Sweat for Pets) and third party
- Developing event budgets and timelines
- Identifying event marketing requirements/materials
- Communicating and supporting event participants, volunteers, donors, sponsors, vendors and key community stakeholders
- Cultivating, soliciting and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with corporate event sponsors/partners
- Seeking new opportunities to engage and grow community fundraising partnerships and revenue in collaboration with the Development team and animal centre volunteers and staff
- Working with volunteer engagement team to train, oversee and steward fundraising events
- Overseeing and executing community bingo relationships, including online silent auctions and volunteer oversight
Why You Should Join Our Team?
- You love event planning!
- Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
- Competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits (For permanent full-time employees)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid sick time (For permanent full-time employees)
- 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service
- Discounted virtual pet care
- Discounted pet food and supplies
- Discounted Ontario SPCA PAWS & Give merchandise
Do You Have What it Takes?
- College and/or university degree or an equivalent combination of education in fundraising or event management field
- 3+ years of fundraising experience in community fundraising or events
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks with a high volume of work often with tight deadlines
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Luminate and TeamRaiser platform (or similar) is an asset
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Must have open availability including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel across the province.
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Senior Manager, Events and Corporate Partnerships
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “Events Coordinator” in the subject line.
*Internal applicants, please apply via the Internal Applicant Portal on SharePoint.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com .
Please note that the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in place for all employees and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Valid medical accommodation will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.