Hybrid Role – Downtown Toronto
For forty years, we have maintained a steadfast dedication to our mission: supporting the vulnerable youth who come through our doors. To this day, we remain committed to this duty.
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of services to hundreds of young people every day. More than a place to stay, we provide 24/7 crisis shelter and transitional housing on-site and in the community, along with comprehensive services including education, counselling, health care, employment assistance, job training and after-care. Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 100,000 young people.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. This includes influencing public policy, leading awareness and prevention programs and continually building and sharing our knowledge. As a learning organization, we strive for excellence and programs with impact.
We provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We meet youth’s immediate needs and then we work together to achieve their future goals.
Thanks to our donors, who contribute 80 per cent of our $44.2-million annual operating budget, we are able to deliver these comprehensive programs and services.
In this role the candidate will report to the Director, Development and is responsible for generating strategies and growing Covenant House’s four signature events and community fundraising. You will lead a staff of 3 people who are responsible for the operations of the events while your experience as a marketer will build and heighten the visibility and brand of our events to attract more participants and partnerships. You are a motivated, objective driven individual who can develop and strengthen Covenant House’s relationships with participants, donors, sponsors and volunteers to achieve annual fundraising targets. You are looking for a challenge and will play a critical role in taking our events to the next level. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is needed.
- Works with the Director to develop long term objectives for all events in keeping with the department’s strategic direction
- Manage annual plans and budgets to support the strategic vision for the department
- Implement strategies for optimizing revenue raised through internally managed events and community fundraising
- Key point person in liaising with multiple stakeholder audiences – corporate partners, committee chairs and internal department heads
- Support and manage volunteers to leverage relationships
- Oversee all research, logistic and work back schedules needed for events
- Implement “sales” work with the Director to actively recruit event committee members and participants
- Ensure that donors and prospects are stewarded appropriately
- Manage, track and report metrics and success criteria for marketing programs and activities
- Support the building of onboarding, engagement and retention programs, product launches, digital marketing, distributor/partnership marketing, brand and customer communications
- Liaise with sponsors to ensure their needs are met
- Develop personalized sponsorship reports for main sponsors
- Distribute cultivation and stewardship materials in a planned manner
- Recruits, trains, evaluates and disciplines staff as required
- Meets regularly with staff for status updates
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience managing large $1M+, multi-faceted and complex events
- Demonstrated experience with virtual events
- University/college degree or equivalent in fundraising or event management
- Demonstrated success in achieving fundraising targets and deadlines within established budgets
- Experience working with and managing volunteer committees
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports
- Proven track record in writing successful proposals
- Proficient in MS Office and knowledge of peer to peer software and Raiser’s Edge would be beneficial
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume directly to this link on or by July 6, 2023 Apply Here – Events Manager
At Covenant House Toronto we believe in a workplace culture of inclusion that is welcoming, respectful and safe for all staff. It is critical to Covenant House Toronto’s success to eliminate barriers and promote the inclusion of equity groups. Equity groups have been, and continue to be, underrepresented and marginalized in the workforce, leadership roles, and in some specific occupations. Equity groups include but may not be limited to Indigenous persons, racialized people, gender diverse people, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.