Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) is Central Ontario’s largest and most advanced health centre, providing the greatest range of care to the communities we serve. Offering the area’s regional programs for cancer, heart, stroke, and child and youth mental health, RVH plays a vital role in the lives of permanent and seasonal residents in the Simcoe Muskoka region.
RVH Foundation mobilizes the community to support the world-class, life-saving work of RVH. The Foundation’s Events Officer will be part of a dynamic marketing and donor experience. The main objective of the role is to create the best possible donor experience while achieve fundraising goals through developing, planning, executing and supporting a vast array of small to large-scale events. Through innovation and dedication to the cause, the Events Officer will help to mobilize the support of community members to donate in support of patient care through well-organized and compelling Foundation-led and community-led events. The Events Officer will contribute to helping ensure a successful and very busy annual event fundraising program, and will have an integral role in all Foundation events including the following areas:
Signature events: Plays a leading role in the coordination of RVH Foundation events including a golf tournament, gala and other large scale events which include logistical planning, building and maintaining relationships with donors, sponsors and/or auction donors, participants and volunteers.
Partners in Caring: Work with donors who host third-party fundraising initiatives to benefit patient care at RVH using event promotion and revenue strategies in order to fulfill their philanthropic goals and ensures their satisfaction with giving to RVH.
Service Clubs/Community Groups/Associations: When appropriate, present at community meetings/ arrange appropriate speakers, prepare required submissions and information, manage stewardship opportunities such as tours and recognition events.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in event management, fundraising, communications, marketing, a related field, or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of five years of professional experience managing events
• Fundraising and/or healthcare experience an asset
• Raisers Edge experience an asset
• Highly proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Exceptional and proven communications skills (written and verbal)
• Proficiency in content management of websites and/or social media interfaces
• Proven experience public speaking to a variety of audiences of all sizes
• Exceptional organizational and time management abilities. Able to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and accuracy essential
• Proactive; shows initiative; anticipates issues in advance
• Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work independently
• Excellent donor relations, interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
• Highly customer service oriented
• Able to manage sensitive data and maintain highest degree of confidentiality
• Able to work well under pressure, in a fast paced environment with many interruptions
• Understanding of CRA guidelines regarding receipting and commitment to stay current on changes to guidelines and regulations
• Ensure that events are organized for the best possible impact to meet fundraising event revenue targets
• Write, edit and proof event promotional materials, create minute by minutes, critical paths, public facing event materials, sponsor recognition signage
• Develop new, unique and creative pathways to leverage revenue through events
• Understand the donor pyramid and the importance of an integrated fundraising program
• Provide support and guidance for third party community lead special events according to the Foundation guidelines
• Plays a key role in developing and implementing strategies to achieve optimum revenue with core annual fundraising programs and by ensuring that donor records are accurate, recognition is timely and communications consistent.
• Represent RVH Foundation in the community
• Recruit, train, coordinate and recognize volunteers
• Ensure, with support, event wrap up including committee debrief, receipting, fund collection (financial tracking forms), recognition using the appropriate RVH staff and board members to be in attendance prepared with briefing and speaking notes (photography etc.)
• Arrange for registration of RVH representation at events when necessary, prepare RVH representatives with background and briefing notes
• Document donor information in RE
• Promote awareness of events to secure participants and raise awareness about the importance of support for patient care
• Follow Canadian Revenue Agency laws