About Hill House Hospice:
Living with a serious illness or caring for a loved one in their final stages can be incredibly challenging. At Hill House Hospice, we provide expert medical care and compassionate support, free of charge, thanks to the generosity of donors, community partners, and government funding. Our focus is on enhancing the quality of life in a home-like setting, allowing individuals to live their final stage with dignity and respect. We are located in the heart of Richmond Hill and it’s an exciting time to be working at Hill House. We’re growing and we’ll be launching a Capital Campaign expanding from 3-beds to 12-beds.
As the Events Specialist, you’ll play a pivotal role within all our teams at Hill House Hospice. Your primary responsibilities include: leading the execution of our signature event, Walk for Hill House Hospice; serving as the main contact for community events, including third-party initiatives; executing Hill House volunteer luncheons and social engagements; and launching new stewardship events for our Capital Campaign and Annual Giving donors. Your focus will be on ensuring the success of these event fundraising and stewardship activities while fostering positive relationships with corporate partners, walkers, donors, volunteers and staff.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to annually build event business plans, budgets, strategies, and tactics aligned with Hill House Hospice’s overall fundraising and stewardship goals.
- Take a leadership role in coordinating and supporting fundraising and stewardship activities and logistics, with a primary focus on the flagship event, Walk for Hill House Hospice, third-party events, community engagement and future donor stewardship initiatives.
- Draft critical paths, marketing/social media plans, speaking notes, run sheets; source event related merchandise and swag; create signage and other promotional materials.
- Focus on solicitations to ask corporate prospects for sponsorship and support.
- Cultivate positive relationships within the local community and businesses, nurturing existing connections and establishing new partnerships to maximize funds raised, meet participation targets, and elevate Hill House’s visibility.
- Coordinate with volunteers to effectively represent Hill House at the Walk and community events, fostering awareness and building meaningful relationships.
- Generate and provide reports on fundraising events and financial contributions.
- Enforce CRA guidelines and adhere to strict confidentiality protocols to safeguard donor information and maintain compliance with relevant data protection regulations.
- Proven experience in event planning and execution, with a focus on signature events, third-party events, community fundraising and stewardship events.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to engage effectively with external partners.
- Comfortable making direct requests and solicitations to corporate prospects for sponsorship.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail for successful event logistics.
- Demonstrates initiative and works well independently.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with different stakeholders and convey Hill House’s mission.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve on the fly.
- Experience with DonorPerfect (CRM) and AKA Raisin an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Valid G license and access to a vehicle; some travel required.
- Some weekends and evenings required.
- If you are passionate about fundraising and possess a flair for creating impactful events, we invite you to apply. Help us continue our mission of providing compassionate care at Hill House Hospice.
- To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit to Joanne Giannakopoulos, CFRE, Director of Development at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.