The Events Department at Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for an EVENTS SPECIALIST (non-union).
The Baycrest Foundation is looking for an Events Specialist to overseeing key aspects of The Brain Project, including developing new revenue streams, manage all logistics and working with key stakeholders to deliver the overall vision for the program.
Reporting to the Manger, Events incumbent will manage all aspects of the program including but not limited to the critical path, budget, revenue matrix, manufacturing, artist onboarding and stewardship, public exhibit and, ancillary events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of assigned events; including creating, ensuring adherence to, and reporting on event critical paths
- Lead development of and implementation of new ideas to keep event fresh and exciting
- Works with internal Marketing & Communications Department, external public relations company, and creative agency to roll out marketing initiatives, track effectiveness and impact to the project
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and/or events simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Liaise with various departments to strategically support event
- Create and implement acquisition plan to recruit new event participants and donors
- Communicate with event participants on a regular basis
- Oversee budget building and reconciliation, and create and update revenue matrix
- Must demonstrate initiative, autonomous and be highly motivated
- Ability to see the big picture goals of the organization and contribute on day-to-day tasks
- Pro-active, solution-oriented, resourceful
- Demonstrates above average problem solving abilities
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate Degree or combination of related education and experience required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (‘CFRE’) credential is an asset
- Minimum 5 years experience in an event role, preferably in a professional fundraising environment
- Experience navigating stakeholders with different priorities
- Proficiency with donor databases and prospect tracking systems; experience with Raisers’ Edge is an asset
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to manage multiple critical paths simultaneously
- Ability to manage overlapping events and timelines
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and short turnaround timelines
- Ability to navigate continually shifting priorities in a nimble way
- Must demonstrate initiative, be autonomous and be highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
Submit resume and covering letter to: email@example.com . Please indicate where you saw the posting in your application letter.
Please note that Baycrest has implemented mandatory vaccination for all employees. It is a condition of employment that new employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. This means that all new employees must have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to their start date. In addition, it is a condition of employment that all new hires obtain and submit proof of all booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.