Executive Administrator, Major Gifts & Campaigns
If you are a seasoned administrative professional, then this is a super exciting opportunity to join our Team in the newly created role of Executive Administrator, Major Gifts and Campaigns. Providing executive, strategic, administrative, and fundraising support to the Major Gifts & Campaigns Team, you will be the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to this vital portfolio. You will anticipate and ensure that the VP, Major Gift & Campaigns, President, and Professional Team and Leadership Volunteers are prepared for important interactions (i.e. meetings, events, presentations, etc.), organize and coordinate all schedules and correspondence, and support special projects related to Major Gifts and Campaigns.
Our Shared Purpose: Build healthier communities. Shape the future of healthcare.
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka. Our team of 3500 staff, 580 physicians, 780 volunteers, 950 students and 90 Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada. With an annual operating budget of over $450 million, we care for a rapidly growing and aging population and have developed an exciting plan for new facilities to serve our communities into the future. A member of the Southlake Community Ontario Health Team, we are working with our partners to deliver integrated care to northern York Region and southern Simcoe County.
About Southlake Foundation
Since the inception of Southlake Foundation in 1980, more than $213 million dollars has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of the community, hundreds of volunteers, the Southlake Family and our incredible donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, and patient programs, all for the goal of providing leading edge care for patients and families, close to home. For more information visit: www.southlakefoundation.ca
The Major Gifts & Campaigns Team
The Major Gifts & Campaigns Team plays a critical role in cultivating and building relationships to drive sustainable growth from donors and prospects at $5K+ to enable the Foundation to meet granting commitments to Southlake Regional Health Centre to deliver leading edge care close to home.
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Campaigns as part of an integrated Major Gifts, Campaigns and Planned Giving team of eight, the Executive Administrator provides senior level strategic and administrative support, coordinating complex activities, with a customer service orientation, and highly nuanced mature and independent judgement and discretion. Highly organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks, and relationships, the successful candidate thrives working in a vigorous, fast paced professional environment, with responsibility for a wide range of assigned duties and projects that ensures effective Major Gift and Campaign operations to meet revenue goals.
The Foundation is in the early stages of a transformative capital campaign that will be unprecedented in our region and we are currently recruiting the best candidates to our team to play critical roles in our success.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative lead and key support to the VP, Major Gifts and Campaigns and the Team to determine and prioritize responsibilities and workload; monitor for and identify urgencies that require the VP, Director, or Team focus.
- Acts as the first point of contact for VP, Major Gifts and Campaigns and Team.
- Manages VP calendar and coordinates meetings with donors, volunteers, and staff and preparing meeting materials, briefing documents and information packages.
- Administrative liaison to Philanthropy Cabinet and Physicians’ Council and assists in the preparation, organization and management of all meetings, events and activities.
- Prepares financial reports, summaries and supports annual forecasting, budgeting, and management of expenses.
- Provides decision support with research, analysis, and synthesis.
- Prepares of correspondence for internal and external contacts.
- Prepares meeting minutes.
- Conducts research and creates reports with Raisers Edge and other systems and technologies.
- Supports the VP and President’s prospect list, ensuring appropriate action is taken on donors/prospects based on their donor cycle status.
- Liaises and collaborates closely with other functional areas to support Foundation objectives related to Major Gifts and Campaigns.
- Data entry and prospect information management on Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinates donor events.
- Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of Major Gifts and Campaigns and the Foundation.
- A University degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience, working with and supporting executives, ideally in a fundraising environment.
- Strong business acumen and appreciation of client centric administration and support.
- Highly visible, authentic and engaged executive administration professional.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship-building skills and organizational skills.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, unimpeachable integrity, and the ability to give and receive thoughtful feedback.
- Executive-level communication skills, both written and verbal; leverages the art of writing concise and impactful emails, talking points, briefings, pre-read and presentation materials.
- A critical thinker, astute at asking the right questions at the right time and able to see the big picture, while valuing and understanding critical details.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in event management.
- Self-starter and resourceful; can easily problem-solve and pivot.
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle timely, sensitive and confidential information.
- Organizational skills that reflect ability to work independently, and ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives with changing priorities and strict deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to communicate with openness and transparency to serve the entire organization.
- Client centric with ability to maintain diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other MSOffice products with an ability to adapt and learn other programs.
- Previous knowledge/experience in fundraising, Raiser’s Edge and healthcare delivery system in Ontario are assets; however more important is a willingness to delve deep into learning and development of these skill sets.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of Southlake and the Foundation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends in support of donors and volunteers, in a currently hybrid work environment.
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, we would like to hear from you. It is an exciting time to be at Southlake. The Ontario government is investing $5M to expand Southlake, with funding to support planning to build a new state-of-the art hospital and redevelopment of the existing site to meet the growing demand for services and improve access to high quality healthcare for residents of York Region and Simcoe County; a precursor to a transformational campaign. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus a comprehensive benefits package and defined-benefit pension program.
We also aim to provide flexibility to enable work/life balance. If interested, please apply with covering letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the position.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.