Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to address the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day-to-day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally and we were recently named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
If you can imagine yourself working together to support the hospital’s strategic plan called Thinking Beyond then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
We are seeking a self starter with the drive, experience, high degree of emotional intelligence and business acumen to contribute to the fundraising mission of the foundation. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for supporting the fundraising and executive affairs of the President & CEO, Chief Development Officer (CDO) and Director of Development (DofD), as well as maintaining the corporate administrative operations of the board and its committees. Coordinating the CDO and DofD activities related to budget and business plan preparation and development is key.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative and Operational:
- Administrative support, including calendar management, for the President & CEO, Chief Development Officer and Director of Development. Prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagement
- Support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospective and current donors including drafting relevant materials such as briefing notes, meeting materials, and donor correspondence (strong writing skills a must)
- Resourceful, trusted contact and “go to” person for clinical leadership in the hospital and within the foundation staff/board
- Code relevant information into Raiser’s Edge to move donors through the moves management cycle and maintain up to date records
- Driving the activity levels of the President, CDO and DofD, track relevant activities with donors, stakeholders and prospects, including prompting the relationship manager for next steps and deadlines and contributing to strategic discussions
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and tours with prospects, donors, volunteers and stakeholders
- Coordinate budget and business planning activities annually for philanthropy team.
- Lead liaison and point person with board and committee members
- Coordinate Board and Committee meetings by preparing meeting packages, presentation decks and all other relevant materials, while overseeing all other meeting logistics (some in person and some remote)
- Attend all meetings to record minutes and provide logistical support
- Support on the onboarding and engagement tracking of leadership volunteers
- Working with the Hospital, coordinate joint education sessions or events
- Working with the finance team, ensuring relevant government filings related to the board are completed.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Adobe and standard office technology.
- Familiarity with CRM software, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong oral and demonstrated proficiency in written communications *there will be a writing exercise as part of interview process for preferred candidates,
- Sensitivity to patients and their families
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with effective problems solving skills.
Experience: 2 to 5 years
-At least one year of experience working in a fundraising team environment. Experience supporting multiple executives is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $65,000-$75,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by August 10. Please reference Executive Assistant in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.