Consistently ranked in the top tier of the world’s best business schools and #1 in Canada, the Schulich School of Business is known for its global reach, innovative programming and the diversity of its student body, faculty, and staff. Schulich enrolls approximately 3,000 students annually in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate business. Located in Toronto, Canada, the School’s multimillion-dollar, award-winning complex is on York University’s main campus. Schulich’s downtown Miles S. Nadal Management Centre is situated in the heart of the city’s financial district.
The Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations builds long-term and highly engaged relationships with stakeholders including alumni, corporations, foundations, students, faculty, and friends that advance the school’s strategic priorities through volunteerism, mentorship, philanthropy, and other engagement activities.
The Executive Assistant provides efficient, professional and confidential support in an executive office, typically reporting into an Academic AVP’s office. Duties are broad and varied. Daily activities involve interaction with students, staff, faculty and high-level internal and external contacts and exposure to confidential and sensitive information requiring considerable use of initiative, tact, diplomacy, discretion, and excellent judgement. The Executive Assistant assesses the importance and urgency of issues or problems that arise, addresses issues, or alerts the relevant leadership of potential problems or conflicts. The Executive Assistant maintains a commitment to supporting sustainability, equity, diversity and inclusion at York University.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- Post-secondary diploma in a relevant field. Note: Position requires verification of degree(s)/credential(s).
- Minimum 3 years of related experience providing executive support.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload and meet timelines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in proofreading, editing, and maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to provide excellent service to the community and deal courteously and effectively with people at all levels.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 106632.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/