Location: Toronto, ON
Date Issued: December 9 2022
Do you have a passion for working with people and providing them with the highest level of service with integrity? Do you strive to meet and exceed expectations every day in every way? The ideal candidate for this position is confident, has a strong ability to multitask, a keen eye for detail, and has a can-do attitude. You thrive in fast-paced working environments where you juggle dozens of balls in the air at the same time while providing a high level of service and accuracy. You are a master at anticipating needs and delivering results. You do what it takes to get the job done well while making a positive impact. And you are compassionate, resilient and love to smile!
We are a volunteer-delivered global medical charity that provides free, safe surgery and comprehensive care to patients with cleft lip and palate in 35 countries around the world.
Operation Smile Canada raises funds from our donor partners who want to directly impact the lives of children living with cleft conditions and other facial differences. Our partners are as committed as we are to a world where health and dignity are improved through safe surgery and complete care.
We have a plan for the next decade to increase access to cleft and essential surgical care for one million patients living in low- and middle-income countries. Achieving this goal requires more people caring for more patients in more places. It also requires us to broaden the awareness of our great brand and raise more funds through our diverse fundraising programs.
Operation Smile Canada (OSC) is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a qualified workforce. By valuing diversity, OSC commits to hiring practices that are fair, equitable and accessible and will always hire the most qualified candidate for a position. We will ensure the search and hiring process is fair and impartial, so the appropriate qualifications of each candidate are the only criteria upon which a hiring decision is made.
You can learn more about Operation Smile Canada by visiting: www.operationsmile.ca.
As a member of the Operation Smile Canada team, in achieving our vision and mission, working alongside the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the VP, Talent and Culture, the Executive Assistant will assist the S Leadership Team (SLT) by providing a high level of administrative service and support. This position plays an integral role assisting the CEO on board governance, HR policies, and organizational planning and communications. This is a full-time permanent position that works from the Operation Smile Canada office in Toronto .
KEY FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Executive Assistant will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
Executive & Board:
- Managing professional scheduling for the CEO, and SLT (as required), including meetings, travel arrangements and travel-related activities including hotel booking, transportation, etc.
- Performing administrative assistance such as calendar management, paperwork maintenance & filing.
- Acting as a liaison and providing administrative assistance to the Board of Directors.
- Arranging and handling all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board.
- Recording all logistics for Senior Leadership team meetings, events, activities: draft agendas; developing, compiling, and distributing presentation materials; and recording meeting minutes.
- Reconciling monthly organizational credit cards for CEO & some SLT members. Records and submits monthly expenses for Team.
- Providing and/or facilitating tech support to the CEO & SLT as needed.
- Assisting the VP, Talent & Culture with staff recruitment (i.e., posting job opportunities, organizing applications, scheduling interviews, etc.).
- Collecting employment and tax information and preparing new employee files.
- Facilitating the background and reference checks process.
- Assisting with employee engagement initiatives.
- Coordinating administrative tasks around milestone events and annual performance reviews.
- Monitoring and addressing inquiries in the Careers inbox and ensuring content is up to date on the careers page of our website.
- Assisting with updating policies, procedures, handbooks, etc., along with the development of new resources, tools and materials, as needed.
- Providing backup Payroll assistance to the VP, Finance & Program Compliance.
Medical Volunteer Program:
- Assisting the Talent & Culture Specialist with overflow administrative tasks for some stages of the volunteer management cycle including, but not limited to: Flights, VISA applications, background checks, document and database maintenance. Assembling and shipping packages for program volunteers.
- Maintaining the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Working collaboratively in helping to build the Talent & Culture team budget.
- Being the backup for the Talent & Culture Specialist as needed.
- Assisting the Donor Care team by answering external donor calls during higher call volumes.
- Other duties as required as it relates to the functionality of this position.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, and a minimum of years, human resources experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the not-for-profit environment is considered an asset.
Interest and appreciation of Operation Smile Canada’s core mission and ability to communicate that mission across different platforms and audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working as an Executive Assistant, or equivalent experience, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated administrative skills (i.e., setting up systems, process), and delivering excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Writing and maintaining procedures.
- Aptitude for digital technologies including video conferencing, social media, and Microsoft
- Office software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Skilled at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn and grow within this position and take on additional tasks as appropriate.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to navigate changing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of others and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Collaborates effectively, demonstrated decision making, judgement and leadership skills, relationship building, all while being culturally sensitive and working as a team.
- Time management, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple competing priorities, organizational skills, ability to manage change, ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain action plan for priorities and goals and be flexible and adaptable to respond to various needs.
- High level of initiative, maturity, and diplomacy; excellent judgement and discretion.
- Exceptional aptitude for digital technologies including video conferencing, social media, and
- Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- A dedicated workspace with reliable internet service is necessary.
- Flexibility to work the occasional evening or weekend day as required.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
We wake up each day knowing there are children born every three minutes with a cleft condition somewhere in the world. As a team focused on a global strategy to ensure every patient who needs surgery and care is never left behind, we set smart goals and objectives and work hard each day to achieve them so we can deliver greater impact (and smiles) to children, families, and the communities we serve.
We aspire to be a learning organization that values one another as individuals and our collective abilities to meet and exceed expectations in everything we do by mentoring, teaching and training each other.
ABOUT THE SALARY & BENEFITS
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position with a yearly salary range of $50,000 to $70,000, including paid vacation time. We offer a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, and matching RRSP contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or CV along with a cover letter (as one PDF document) to:
email@example.com. Please ensure the subject line of your email contains the position title: Executive Assistant.
Address your cover letter to:
VP, Talent & Culture
Operation Smile Canada
This position is open for recruitment (December 9, 2022) until a successful candidate is hired.
Operation Smile Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Operation Smile Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in being part of our smile movement at Operation Smile Canada. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, keep smiling – a child is counting on it!