Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Title: Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
Application deadline: April 11, 2022
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant & Board Liaison is the first point of contact for all Foundation relationships, making it a visible and critical Ambassador role for the Foundation. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the President & CEO to ensure the efficient operations and growth of the Foundation. This role is based at the Toronto Reference Library at Yonge & Bloor in downtown Toronto. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. The TPL Foundation office is located in the Toronto Reference Library at Yonge & Bloor in downtown Toronto. Currently, TPLF staff are working from home with the anticipation of a hybrid work environment in the coming months.
About the Toronto Public Library Foundation:
TPLF was established in 1997 as a charity to support the world’s busiest public library system – Toronto Public Library. Funds raised by the Foundation support life-changing programs, services, spaces and collections at the Library’s 100 branches and on TPL.ca. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $95 million for TPL, thanks to the generosity of donors, partners and volunteers. To learn more about the Toronto Public Library Foundation, visit tplfoundation.ca. To learn more about the Toronto Public Library, visit tpl.ca.
OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE (70%)
• Provides Executive support to the President & CEO including; proactively manages the President & CEO’s calendar, prioritizing activities, identifying conflicts, coordinating materials in advance of meetings, expenses, processing invoices, etc.
• Assists in the preparation of reports and presentation material, and composes routine correspondence
• Calendar support for senior leadership team (Vice President, Philanthropy and Vice President, Marketing & Communications)
• Under the direction of the President & CEO, reviews and renews any annual Foundation agreements
• Coordinates the daily administrative operation of the Foundation, including establishing and maintaining effective office routines
• Surveys department needs and order supplies as required. Ensures photocopier, fax machine and printers are in proper working order. Maintains petty cash for the office.
• Serves as primary point of contact to Foundation office for members of the public and other employees, initiating action where appropriate
• Helps maintain President’s fundraising prospect pipeline
• Organizes and maintains effective record keeping systems containing confidential information
• Other related duties as assigned
HUMAN RESOURCES (5%)
• Tracks vacation and sick days for Foundation staff
• Assists with onboarding and offboarding Foundation staff
BOARD LIAISON (25%)
• Manages Board meetings, including preparing agendas and board meeting document packages with President & CEO, arranging meeting space, coordinating catering and tech; records board meeting minutes and other board governance tasks as assigned
• Maintains up-to-date governance-related materials
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
Skills & qualifications
• 5+ years’ experience in providing executive support to C-Level Executives, Boards and Committees preferably in a high-volume non-profit organization. This is the career you want!
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software, specifically Microsoft Office, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation packages
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with senior members of staff, volunteer groups, members of the public and all levels of staff
• Ability to conduct research and prepare reports, correspondence and presentation material
• Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion when dealing with confidential matters
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a small team
• Willingness to work some flexible hours
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, showing initiative, attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Experience in fundraising or marketing environment considered an asset
• Knowledge of fundraising software Raiser’s Edge is an asset
• Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented; impressive project management
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Team player and comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get the job done
• Critical thinker who provides solutions working solo or with cross-functional teams
• Professional, curious, sense of humor, high energy level, positive attitude and solutions-oriented
• Comfortable with high-net wealth individuals
• Passionate about the Library and its future
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:
TPLF invites applications from all qualified individuals. The TPL Foundation is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Mandatory vaccination policy:
COVID-19 vaccines are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical or other protected ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. TPLF’s statement regarding the policy is on our website tplfoundation.ca.
• Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please) by April 11, 2022
• Please include: YOUR NAME – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT in subject line
• Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Thank you for your interest in the Toronto Public Library Foundation.