Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Osteoporosis Canada (OC), a registered charity, is the only national organization providing services to people who have, or are at risk for, osteoporosis. OC is a volunteer driven organization which works to educate, empower and support individuals and communities in the risk reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
Employment at OC is an opportunity to participate in a vibrant organization supporting an increasingly widespread population of people living with osteoporosis, a national multidisciplinary scientific advisory council and a passionate consumer/patient voice which keeps us well grounded in our mission. Osteoporosis Canada is governed by a voluntary national board.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for working with volunteers and staff members to ensure timely administrative support in the discharge of the responsibilities of the President & CEO. The position also maintains primary responsibility for the support of workflow from the President & CEO, the National Board and Office Management/HR as given by Director of Finance/HR.
- Direct administrative support to the President & CEO
- Coordinate and administer the work of the National Board of Directors and several standing committees
- Prepare and distribute Board packages, ensuring Board protocols have been met
- Ensures consistent communication of Board-related information
- Responsible for recording minutes at Board meetings
- Follow-up on Board meetings (minutes with final approvals and attachment for distribution)
- Maintain minutes for the Board of Directors and Standing Committees as the sole archival record to satisfy legal and audit requirements
- Maintain filing and computer systems for efficient retrieval of information
- Responds to requests for information and follow-through in a timely and appropriate manner
- Compose and prepare correspondence.
- Office Management- HR related items
- Updates Board reference manuals / board intranet
- Carry out project planning with organizational responsibilities and administrative support
- Organize travel/accommodation requirements for CEO and Board
- Planning committee for AGM
- Liaise with outside suppliers (insurance company, office supplies, office equipment, real estate)
- Responsible for overall administrative management of the office and HR related items as given by Director of Finance/HR
- Excellent time management and organizational skill
- Team Player
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office; experience managing databases would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in French
- Experience with financial reporting and budget management
- Ability to work flexible hours; some occasional evenings and weekends will be required
- Ability to travel with valid driver’s license
- Desire to be a passionate advocate for Osteoporosis Canada and those we serve
Benefits of Employment:
- Eligible to enroll in employee benefits (after 3 months)
- RRSP contribution (after 3 months)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Insurance (after 3 months)
- Summer Hours (after 3 months)
- One Wellness Day per year (after 6 months)
- Two Float Days per year (prorated first year)
- Week between Christmas and New Year’s Office Closure: paid days off (eligible after 3 months)
- Paid days off for Easter Monday, Remembrance Day and National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (eligible after 3 months)
Salary: $65,000 per annum
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to HResources@osteoporosis.ca. Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your email.
This posting will remain open until October 31, 2022.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. No phone calls please.
As part of OC’s commitment to health and safety, it is a condition of employment that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada. You will be required to provide proof that you have had your 2nd vaccine shot (or your first vaccine shot if you received Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)) at least fourteen (14) days prior to your start date.
Osteoporosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process.