Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice-President, Development & Alumni Affairs
About Durham College:
Durham College (DC) is leading the way as a post-secondary institution, offering an innovative and transformative student experience and hands-on learning opportunities. With this focus top of mind for our students and our employees, DC is proud to be one of the fastest-growing colleges in the province and annually ranked as one of the GTA’s Top 100 employers.
The college offers a wide range of market-driven programs across multiple disciplines, including culinary management, farming and horticulture, business, IT, construction and trades, science and technology, health care, engineering, social and community services, justice, media, art and design.
With a focus on experiential learning, DC graduates are known for having the skills and knowledge employers need. More than 104,000 alumni represent the college, both locally and around the world.
Servingthe Durham Region and Northumberland County communities for over 50 years, with campuses in Oshawa and Whitby, the college offers over 12,500full-time post-secondary and apprenticeship students access to more than 145 full-time post-secondary programs – including four honours bachelor degrees and nine apprenticeship programs. Led by over 1,860 full- and part-time staff, DC has an estimated annual economic impact of more than $913 million on Durham Region.
The Development and Alumni Affairs Office is looking for a seasoned executive assistant professional to join our dynamic team. This role is accountable for operational and administrative support for the associate vice president and the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs. This includes overseeing community relations activities and events supported by Durham College. In addition, this role serves as Secretary to the Durham College Foundation Board which includes attending meetings, minutes, and agendas, supporting the investment management firm, and working closely with the Finance department for reporting purposes.
- Basic data entry and constituent record maintenance and updates
- Send pledge reminders to committed donors
- Develop, prepare, monitor, and track the operating budget. Process invoices, prepare purchase requisitions and expense reports, and reconcile MasterCard statements.
- Work with the Development Officer, Operations to maintain up-to-date records in Raiser’s Edge
- Weekly gift entering
- Assist the Development Officer, Operations with sending pledge reminders and receipts to donors
- Purchase tickets and sponsorship for community events
- Track and process invoices for sponsorship
- Ensure there are DC attendees at sponsored events
- Undertake coordination and logistical support for a variety of meetings for the Associate VP.
- Manage Associate VP calendar.
- Develop, implement and maintain operating policies and procedures and ensure compliance with office goals and objectives.
- Manage expense reports for Associate VP
- Manage attendance and vacation schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies and equipment for the department.
- Respond to inquiries received via email and phone, respond to email@example.com
- DC Foundation Secretary duties including meetings, minutes, agendas, supporting the investment management firm, and working closely with the Finance department on endowments for reporting purposes
- A minimum of a three-year diploma/degree in Business Administration or Office Administration.
- A minimum of five years experience in a relevant role working with donors and customers.
- Good knowledge of Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong human relations, interpersonal, written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills, along with a strong understanding of confidentiality and appropriate use of discretion.
- Proven ability to prioritize work flow and maintain attention to detail.
- Experience with Banner/FAST.
- Experience in a fundraising environment is an asset.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT is an asset.
Hourly rate: $39.00
Permanent Part-Time Administrative Position
Hours: 24 hours per week
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to our website at https://jobs-ca.silkroad.com/DurhamCollege/Careers/jobs/2357
Applications will be accepted until May 26, 2023 at 4:00pm EST. Competition number ADP23-07.