Full Job Description
Executive Director, St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation
Full Time, Non-Union
Salary: $96,000 to $120,000.
The St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation is seeking a visionary leader to join a lean and talented team of fundraising superstars. Are you an experienced storyteller with unending curiosity and a remarkable ability to build and sustain relationships? Do you thrive in an energetic and supportive environment? This could be your opportunity to experience the unique culture of the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation.
The Executive Director brings the vision of the Foundation to life, inspiring a lifetime of philanthropic support for our Hospital. She/he passionately supports an award-winning community hospital that values compassion, accountability, respect, innovation and collaboration.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides leadership and strategic direction to the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation and is responsible for building the Foundation’s donor base and providing advice, executive leadership and senior managerial oversight of key decisions, initiatives and financial resources while cultivating an energizing work environment.
The Executive Director will build and sustain community and donor relationships in order to encourage ongoing contributions to the Foundation in support of St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital and will set new strategic goals in preparation for the next capital campaign.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, demonstrating interpersonal effectiveness, innovative thinking, sound professional practices, ethical decision-making, accountability and community stewardship.
The Foundation’s sole purpose is to raise funds to acquire patient care equipment, support educational endeavours, and upgrade the Hospital’s physical facilities. The Foundation plays a fundamental role in supporting excellence in patient care at the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital.
Through the generosity of community donors, the Foundation has transferred almost $43 million to the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital since 1985 and helped medical staff save lives and improve the health of thousands of patients.
The St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital is a 183-bed facility located in the City of St. Thomas and serving all eight municipalities within the County of Elgin. It is a fully accredited hospital offering a full range of hospital services and achieved Accredited with Exemplary Standing status from Accreditation Canada.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- University degree or College diploma in Philanthropy, Public Relations, Business Administration or related field
- Certificate as a Fundraising Professional (CFRE) is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ of progressive fundraising experience, preferably in major gifts
- Minimum of 5 years’ of leadership experience
- Superior communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to collaborate, persuade and influence others to take action and achieve results
- Proven ability to establish and build relationships and engage with multiple levels of stakeholders in support of achieving the goals and mandate of the organization
- Evidence of success with increasing and more complex projects throughout career, including exceptional financial, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to engage senior volunteer leadership, senior hospital leadership and physicians
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of business leaders and community members
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team ensuring individual growth and group accountability
- Demonstrated ability to develop business strategies that improve the long-term success of the organization
- Familiarity with donor database management and fundraising software
- Proven experience with all aspects of fundraising practices, including contemporary fundraising strategies related to major gifts, corporate partnerships, gift planning, monthly giving, annual fundraising, and grant writing
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants who wish to apply to this position must submit their cover letter and resume directly through the job portal at www.stegh.on.ca on or before March 10, 2023.
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation is committed to a barrier-free respectful, accessible and inclusive work place. Upon individual request, the Foundation will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.