Best Buddies Canada (BBC) is a national registered charity established in 1990, that promotes inclusion by creating lasting one-to-one friendships between individuals living with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Best Buddies firmly believes that friendship is important in the development of all people and that for people with intellectual disabilities, friendship is a medium through which they can become members of the community. Our program offers people with intellectual disabilities the chance to experience the experiences that most of us take for granted: going for coffee, going to the movies, or just being with a friend. The program provides members with opportunities for social interaction and helps build lasting and meaningful friendships.
Best Buddies establishes chapters in elementary, middle schools, high schools, CEGEPs and universities across the country. Each chapter is led by students who collaborate with faculty and community partners to create and monitor pairs.
BBC is seeking an experienced and accomplished Executive Director to lead the organization to achieve its purposeful and strategic goals. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for the overall leadership, fundraising, strategic planning, and day-to-day operations.
Best Buddies Canada is seeking a new Executive Director
The Executive Director will possess the strong leadership and management skills required to grow and expand our chapters and overall presence, along with a passion to help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to establish one-to-one friendships and leadership development. At present, this is a remote position, however, our preference is for the incumbent to be Toronto-based as some work in the Greater Toronto Area will be required.
What you bring to the role:
- A minimum of 5 years of not-for-profit experience with a minimum of 5 – 7 years as a generalist fundraiser
- A minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal style that inspires the team and supports colleagues to achieve results while fostering constructive and productive relationships with diverse constituencies
- A demonstrated track record of expanding the donor base (looking for experience in major gifts, corporate sponsorship, grant writing, event planning and execution)
- Ability to professionally interact with major donors, building strong relationships based on trust
- Effective communicator (written and oral)
- Results-driven, self-starter, and highly motivated
- Experience providing programs and services to national stakeholder groups
- Experience overseeing the delivery of educational or special needs support programs
What Best Buddies offers you in return:
- A competitive salary of $120,000 – $130,000, commensurate with experience
- Hybrid working environment
- A growing organization that is financially sound with a strong endowment
- A meaningful role where you can make a difference every day
- An opportunity to take ownership and set the strategy for a national organization
- An entrepreneurial environment, working for an international organization where you feel valued, recognized and rewarded
This search is being conducted on behalf of Best Buddies Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit and charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
We request all applications be submitted online only.
If you experience technical issues when applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Contact: Susan Stanley – email@example.com
To submit your application by July 24, 2023, please visit https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-264 to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.