Executive Director, Corporate Partnerships
A world free of the effects of diabetes is our vision. That’s why we’re working together to improve the quality of life of people living with diabetes. We’re sharing knowledge and creating connections for individuals and the health-care professionals who care for them; advocating through public policy; and funding research to improve treatments and find a cure to end diabetes.
Join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes!
Reporting to the SVP of Fund Development, the Executive Director, Corporate Partnerships is accountable for developing and leading corporate strategies that maximize revenue to fund Diabetes Canada’s mission. This includes national and regional partnerships through all revenue channels including corporate sponsorships, philanthropic giving, cause marketing, and employee engagement. The Executive Director also provides strategic leadership as a member of the Fund Development Leadership Team and the Executive Director Leadership Team. This role oversees the National Corporate Partnership Team.
A flexible work agreement policy in place allowing employees to work on a hybrid schedule, working remotely, and with the expectation of attending in person events when needed. Accepting applications across Canada, some travel will be required for meetings, networking, and conferences across Canada.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Develop and lead the execution of the corporate partnership strategy for Diabetes Canada.
- Develop, forecast, execute and evaluate acquisition strategies for new growth while evaluating current partner opportunities for effectiveness and growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with top-tier prospects and funders.
- Provide ongoing leadership, coaching, mentorship, and inspiration to the national corporate partnerships team.
- Achieve a high level of collaboration across all functional areas and at all levels of the organization to identify fundable opportunities, make solicitations, and to provide high quality recognition and stewardship.
- Participate as an active member of the Fund Development Leadership Team, contributing to the development of strategic plans as well as the annual budget.
- Develop and manage annual business plans and financial outlooks and budgets as part of the overall national Corporate Partnerships business plan.
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to overseeing a disciplined and best practice approach to KPI’s, prospect/relationship management ensuring tracking of progress through the stages of cultivation, stewardship, and renewal in Customer Relationship Management software.
- Maintain accurate timely and documented budgets and profitability forecasts for corporate partnerships supported by reports for the Executive Leadership Team. Highlighting risk in a timely fashion.
- Provide strong and collaborative leadership to staff across Canada.
- Serve as voice of the donor and/or partner internally; ensuring insights are top of mind in all cross functional areas.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all new and on-going programs in order to speak knowledgably and enthusiastically about the work of Diabetes Canada to corporate prospects.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary University degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in corporate fundraising including sponsorships and philanthropy.
- People management experience and demonstrated leadership attributes.
- Open communicator with a proven track record of building successful teams.
- Strong business acumen, ability to navigate the corporate structure, and proven success in exceeding revenue generating targets in all aspects of corporate partnerships including corporate sponsorship, philanthropy and cause related marketing.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills combined with a strong ability to forge long lasting relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills along with the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling and strategic material.
- Strong negotiation skills; flexible team player able to collaborate and support colleagues and motivated to achieve results.
- Professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters are essential.
Why Join Diabetes Canada
- A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living with or at risk of diabetes.
- An entrepreneurial environment, working for a national organization where you feel valued, recognized, and rewarded.
- A high-performing, collaborative team environment and a commitment to building a healthy and engaged work culture.
- Flexible work agreement policy in place allows employees to work regularly remote and/or hybrid schedule.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. Paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and company-match Pension/RRSP.
- Additional paid holidays beyond the recognized provincial statutory holidays.
- End of year holiday office closure
About the Application Process
Go to the webpage: https://www.diabetes.ca/careers and click on “View Job Openings”. Click on the “Apply Now” button found at the bottom-left of this screen. You will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at: DCHR@diabetes.ca
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Diabetes Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.