Executive Director of Development
Start Date: September 1 2023
Location: Toronto, ON
Wage: 150,000 + commensurate with experience
Pine River Institute (PRI) is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to take on the new role of Executive Director of Development, dedicated in their efforts to raise funds for their unique, comprehensive and holistic model in treating adolescents dealing with addiction and other mental health challenges. Reporting to PRI’s CEO, the Executive Director of Development will lead and execute on our donor centered fundraising strategy, build a strong donor pipeline, deepen donor relationships and provide donors with excellent stewardship, in addition to motivating and developing a small team of fundraising professionals.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader with proven skills in cultivating and securing significant gifts. They will build upon relationships with existing supporters while developing new networks. A growth mindset with a strong track record of success will be needed.
Key Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide motivational leadership to a small team of fundraising professionals that focuses on engagement, development, collaboration, communication and achievement of performance outcomes.
- Provide fundraising leadership as part of the Pine River Institute Senior Management Team
- Create and execute annual fundraising plan.
- Plan, implement and oversee a multi-faceted fundraising program with a focus on securing and stewarding principal gifts from a diverse community of organizational and individual donors.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and secure philanthropic commitments from a personal portfolio of donors including individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
- Provide direction for proposals, cases for support and other fundraising materials.
- Formulate and implement donor-centered program for stewarding donors.
- Build and enhance a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of stewardship and recognition programs to ensure an excellent donor experience that shows the true impact of donor support.
- Develop donor relations plan that appropriately promotes continued donor engagement and recognition.
- Work with Communications to strategize, execute and manage systems to drive regular communications demonstrating gift impact to donors and stakeholders.
- Develop and track grants, proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Develop, execute fundraising events.
- Oversee prospecting, donor database and tracking systems, specifically managing and implementing donor stewardship plan integration and execution with the software and applications.
- Be responsible for staffing the Board of Directors Development Committee meetings.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in a related field
- At least five years’ experience in fundraising
- Proven leadership ability to develop and execute on strategic initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Driven self-starter with a demonstrated talent for building relationships and a preference for engaging in donor facing activities.
- Ability to work within a complex environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the philanthropic community in Toronto and surrounding communities is an asset.
- Knowledge and familiarity with CRM databases; specifically, Raiser’s Edge will be an asset.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of programs and email communications platforms.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter by June 30,2023 to Jess Bondy Human Resources Manager, email@example.com or by Fax 519-925-9002 or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur Ontario L9V 0S9.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.