Foundation Associate, Community Giving
Owen Sound Regional Hospital Foundation is looking for a Foundation Associate, Community Giving. If you are an energetic fundraising professional looking for an excellent opportunity to work with a small collaborative staff team, dedicated community members and donors, support local healthcare and live in an area surrounded by natural beauty, join our team. Come for the job, stay for the lifestyle – our hospitals are close to great kayaking and sailing on Georgian Bay, excellent cross country and downhill skiing, and wonderful hiking.
Grey Bruce Health Services has hospitals in Owen Sound, Meaford, Markdale, Wiarton, Southampton, and Lion’s Head. We offer specialty care and acute care services including 24/7 emergency departments, surgery, cancer care, women and child care, mental health, and full diagnostic services.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Foundation Associate, Community Giving:
Reporting to the Foundation CEO, Owen Sound Regional Hospital Foundation; the Foundation Associate, Community Giving is responsible for raising funds for the Foundation through a variety of community giving initiatives including direct response / direct mail, events, third-party events, and donor & community communications. The Foundation Associate will work closely with the CEO to implement a Foundation stewardship plan. The role includes some evening and weekend work.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- Preferred College or University Degree in Fundraising/Non-Profit Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience and demonstrated success in annual giving programs, direct response/direct mail, online fundraising and events.
- Experience managing projects with tight timelines and firm deadlines.
- Proven skills to successfully communicate including written, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in computer programs, donor databases and social media platforms such as Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance records.
- Adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ‘LEAD’ Competencies (Lead by example, Empower, Achieve results, Develop others) and a commitment to a safe workplace free of violence and harassment.
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Posting Date: 2022-03-03
Closing Date: 2022-03-25