Fund Development and Communications Coordinator
Job Posting: Aphasia Institute
Fund Development and Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent (35 hrs/ week)
Job Region: ON – Metro Toronto Area
Location: Hybrid model (online and on-site at office)
Experience: 1-3 years
Application Deadline: -October 21st, 2022
Starting Date: ASAP
The Aphasia Institute is a diverse organization that builds on our synergy of work through Client Service, Research and Development, and Education and Training. Under minimal supervision, the Fund Development and Communication Coordinator will provide support to the Aphasia Institute for Fund Development and Communication services. The Fund Development and Communication Coordinator will participate and contribute as a team member in the Aphasia Institute’s activities, planning, development, and delivery of fund development including operational and strategic goals. The Fund Development and Communication Coordinator will report to the Director of Finance and Operations. The duties will be diverse and multi-faceted requiring excellent professional skills.
The Aphasia Institute is a not-for-profit organization with a collaborative approach and a commitment to teamwork. The Aphasia Institute is a partnership of individuals with aphasia, their families, volunteers, staff and supporters who are dedicated to reducing language barriers to full-life participation at local, provincial, national and international levels. We aim to give hope and make a difference to the quality of life and well-being of individuals with aphasia and their families, wherever they may be. We aspire to change society so that communicative access is universally accepted for all those affected by aphasia. We hope to inspire others to do the same.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide support with implementation of the fundraising strategic plan to achieve the Aphasia Institute’s operational and financial objectives for Fund Development.
- Work collaboratively on the Fund Development committee, contributing to the development and execution of marketing strategies to achieve stated objectives regarding donor cultivation and revenue generation.
- Plan and implement Fund Development key activities including utilizing print, website, social media, and direct mail.
- Manage and maintain the fundraising and donor database/CRM software
- Nurture successful and productive relationships with current donors, potential individual donors, and fundraisers.
- Assist in organizing direct fundraising events, co-ordinate communications for press releases, and assist team members in the provision of presentation vehicles including meetings, presentations, and press media
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of legislation changes related to donor contributions and tax receipting.
- Provide post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on all fundraising initiatives.
- Provide timely tax receipts to donors on a monthly basis
- Provide content for both print and electronic media including brochures, newsletters and special events
- Support the planning and implementation of a communications strategy
- Support the co-ordination of marketing efforts of communication materials through such vehicles as the website, mail, press releases, social media etc.
- Co-ordinate and lead the Communication Working Group including the provision of agendas, notes and reports
- Manage and monitor all social media and online presence related to fund development, preparing reports as required
- Oversee content maintenance of our web presence, as well as the online store with the assistance of the Website team
- Identify and resolve any issues with communication content in a timely and professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Community College diploma in fundraising, marketing, communications, English, public relations, or journalism.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a fundraising and/or communications position.
- Possess a solid understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and presentation applications
- Experience with fundraising and donor database/CRM software
- Strong Information Technology experience an asset
The Aphasia Institute offers a flexible and energizing work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits. The Institute is committed to personal and professional growth and to employee health and wellbeing.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, persons with disabilities, people from racialized communities, people identifying as Indigenous, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Aphasia Institute’s priority is to ensure health and safety in the workplace by requiring all agency personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; by personnel, we mean Staff, Volunteers, and Students. The vaccination requirement is subject to an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Please send your cover letter with salary expectations and your resume to Caryl Pereira at email@example.com no later than October 21st, 2022.
Compensation type: Salary
Contact by: Email