Fund Development Specialist
Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Reporting to the Manager of Annual and Legacy Giving and working closely with the entire Development team the Fund Development Specialist in the Office of Development (OD) supports the administration of Direct Response Appeals, Tribute, Monthly and Payroll giving program
The Fund Development Specialist supports annual giving donor maintenance, relations and stewardship activity related to the Annual Giving Program such as donation tracking, gift acknowledgment and tax receipts for the Office of Development. The position supports database entry and maintenance related to these responsibilities. This position will support a defined group of mid-level donors and work closely with the Manager to identify major donor prospects in the annual giving stream and support annual scholarship donor renewal.
The Fund Development Specialist role is integral to the success of fundraising at Centennial College. This role works closely with the Office of Development leadership to renew and retain current donors and support all activities to acquire new donors.
The incumbent will support annual and legacy giving stewardship activities and opportunities in collaboration with the Manager Annual and Legacy Giving and Donor Relations and Stewardship Officer. They will also work in strong collaboration with the Office of Development Marketing Specialist, and other college departments.
- Support all direct response activities; monthly, payroll and tribute giving programs; and a defined group of mid-level donors.
- Collaboration with Manager to support scholarship renewals of a defined group of donors, including requesting renewal and confirming/following-up with donors to ensure gifts are received.
- Work with the Manager to identify donors in the annual giving pool ready to move to the major gift portfolio.
- Support the development of annual giving projects and track the critical paths for all direct response activities to ensure timelines are met.
- Support the development and execution of direct response mailings.
- Support internal and offsite annual fundraising and promotional events such as Giving Tuesday, Pride, Boot Drives etc.
- Support staff, faculty, alumni, and donor fundraising campaigns using e-appeals, social media channels, and in-person events/activities.
- Collaborate with Manager to support the enhancement and maintenance of the Tribute, Monthly, and Payroll giving programs.
- Support administration of the Tribute, Monthly, and Payroll giving programs by preparing gift acknowledgment and other communications.
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters, customizing as appropriate; i.e., adding relevant content to the standard templates or removing irrelevant content as required, and flagging any special customization for the Stewardship Officer.
- Track the total of in-memorial and in-honour donations and send letters to the families with information about the donations.
- Serve as point of contact for donors requiring information about their donations, account balance, tax receipts, etc.
- Monitor the general email box and provide front-line customer service through the phone and email regarding gift acknowledgements, refunds, tax receipt requests, and other donation related issues; escalate issues where appropriate.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence related to annual and legacy giving.
- Provide customer service to donors by responding to inquiries and following up if information is required to process donations.
- Complete monthly donor stewardship calls, emails and handwritten thank-you notes in collaborations with Manager.
- Prepare and send out tribute gift cards as needed.
- Call, email, and mail monthly donors to reactivate declined credit cards.
- Support data entry related to annual giving and serve as a backup for the Database Administrator as required.
- Support annual and Legacy giving stewardship activities and opportunities in collaboration with the Manager Annual and Legacy Giving and Donor Relations and Stewardship Officer.
- Work in strong collaboration with the OD Marketing Specialist, and other college departments.
- Manage elements of annual and legacy giving stewardship activities including managing RSVPs for events, donor thank-you calls and notes related to annual and legacy giving.
- Prepare in-house mailings related to annual and legacy giving stewardship.
- Support the Centennial College Retirees Association in partnership with the Manager.
- Assist in the identification of other fundraising donor recognition opportunities at Centennial College to further engage and connect donors.
- Three years degree or diploma or equivalent in a business administration program, public relations program, fundraising management, or equivalent program.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Previous experience working with Raiser’s Edge, Banner, or similar CRM databases is required for this role.
- Experience with CRA reporting and tax receipting policy and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by July 27, 2023 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0623-1746. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).