Fundraiser, Community and Volunteer Resources
Department: Fundraising and Public Relations
Reports to: Director, Fundraising and Public Relations
Are you an outgoing, energetic individual who likes to fundraise for a great cause and work with volunteers? Do you want to do work that benefits people who struggle with poverty and homelessness?
Good Shepherd Ministries is seeking an enthusiastic and organized person to join its Fundraising team. Working closely with other team members, you will help with planning and executing fundraising and community events. You will recruit, schedule, and support volunteers and maintain accurate records.
What you’ll be doing:
As Fundraiser, Community and Volunteer Resources, you will help Good Shepherd Ministries serve homeless and at-risk people by acting as the primary point of contact for volunteers as well as an integral member of the fundraising team.
For volunteers, you will:
- provide a prompt, warm, and respectful response to enquiries
- maintain, develop, and evaluate the volunteer program
- maintain accurate and up-to-date paper and electronic records related to volunteers
- develop and execute recognition events for volunteers
- provide tours and orientation for volunteers and volunteer groups
- work with front-line staff from all areas of Good Shepherd Ministries to ensure that volunteers receive the support and supervision they need to volunteer safely and effectively
As a member of the fundraising team, you will:
- assist in developing strategies for raising revenue to support the work of Good Shepherd Ministries (event & community fundraising, supporting third-party & peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives, helping identify potential donors, etc.)
- solicit in-kind gifts for Good Shepherd Ministries
- assist, when required, with the processing of donations
- assist with social media activities, including creation of content
- act as a liaison and representative of Good Shepherd Ministries and attend events as required, including speaking engagement
What you bring to the position:
- 2 years of experience in fundraising preferably with a focus on volunteer and event management
- post-secondary education in fundraising/non-profit management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- demonstrated organizational, planning, time management, and problem-solving skills
- ability to work with a Windows NT computer operating system, with proficiency in the Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- experience with fundraising databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- proficiency with social networks and virtual meeting software
- scheduling flexibility (able to work holidays and the occasional evening or weekend)
Your competencies include:
- willingness to commit to and practice Good Shepherd’s values of hospitality, acceptance, compassion, and faith in others
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers, and others
- outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable with public speaking; excellent listener
- strong initiative and ability to work independently within a team environment
- ability to communicate with individuals with differing abilities and from diverse backgrounds in a respectful and professional manner
Hours of work:
This is a non-union, permanent, full-time (40 hours a week) position. Benefit package includes Extended Health + Group RRSP which is provided after the required wait period.
Please send resume with salary expectations to the attention of Human Resources, 412 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 1T3 or email@example.com.
Thank you to everyone who applies. However, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Good Shepherd Ministries follows all Public Health guidelines & IPAC protocols. PPE provided when required and daily screening. Restrictions remain in place and a vaccination policy of three doses has been implemented. Mask mandate in effect.