Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator- Full Time
Position Description: Indwell is expanding in Mississauga and Peel Region and is seeking a self-starter to develop relationships and raise funds to build permanant affordable housing with supports. Reporting to the Director of Community and Donor Engagement and working in collaboration with other members of this team and Indwell staff based in Mississauga, develop and execute a community engagement and fund development plan for this region.
About Indwell: We are a Christian charity creating new affordable housing and healthcare supports to people living in our communities that are seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Indwell is an organization that follows Jesus’ example of care and compassion for the marginalized. Founded more than 40 years ago, Indwell is the fastest growing supportive affordable housing provider in Ontario. It has expanded to provide housing and support services to more than 800 people in southern Ontario. These supports range from enhanced supports helping people to transition from institutions or homeless into housing to supporting people who are living more independently and well on their journey towards reaching their goals.
We believe in hope and homes for all.
We believe we have solutions to ending homelessness.
We want to create a thriving staff team to live into this calling.
Hours and Location of Work: Full time. Primarily weekdays, with flexibility required for occasional work in the evenings and on weekends. Location of work to be determined with the selected candidate; this may be a home office, co-working space or at an Indwell program in Mississauga. Occasional travel to the Indwell Resource Centre in Hamilton required.
- Community Relations
- Build positive relationships with individuals, churches and faith groups, community and service groups, foundations, political leaders, business and corporate leaders, and other service providers.
- Speak to community organizations and churches; seek out opportunities to promote Indwell in this community.
- Advise on community perceptions/concerns/opportunities.
- With the support of the rest of Indwell’s community and donor engagement team, develop and manage events that will increase Indwell’s profile and raise financial and other support commitments.
- Engage with existing and prospective major donors to encourage new and increased contributions for capital projects and operating support for Indwell programs in this region.
- Develop the case for support and other promotional materials in support for capital campaigns in this region.
- Participate in developing an ambassador and/or capital campaign team; provide support for these volunteers.
- Acknowledge donations and provide excellent gift stewardship to strengthen the relationship with donors.
- Enter information in the constituency relations management system.
- Indwell Involvement
- Work collaboratively with other Indwell staff to promote Indwell’s mission, vision, programs and present Indwell’s financial needs.
- Encourage and support volunteers.
- Participate in Community and Development Engagement team planning, staff meetings, professional development activities, and organization functions.
- Committed to upholding and modeling Indwell’s mission statement, values and Statement of Faith.
- Familiarity with local organizations and service providers, and ability to tap into the network of support in the Mississauga and the Region of Peel for individuals with precarious housing and mental health challenges.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, networking and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively promote opportunities and partnerships along with excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven success in fundraising; participation in capital campaign fundraising an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases, and familiarity with on-line collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with committees or groups.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in the charitable sector.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and use of vehicle is required.
Salary: $62,000 – $75,000 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities: we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.