Fundraising and Donor Engagement Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Fundraising and Donor Engagement Coordinator works closely with the small team at RPSM Foundation and is responsible for the administration of the Foundation and coordination of the annual giving program, including low-mid level fundraising activities and third-party fundraising events to grow and diversify revenue to meet our immediate and long-term financial goals.
Annual Giving (low-mid level donors)
- Fosters relationships and growth of annual giving and monthly giving programs (approx 500-600 donors)
- Responsible for managing a designated portfolio of 40+ individual, corporate and foundation donors, typically in the $1,000 – $4,999 range
- Conduct research on current, new, and prospective donors
- Create fundraising materials such as invitations, thank you cards, certificates etc.
- Coordinates in-kind donations and steward in-kind donors as appropriate
Data Management & Administration
- Responsible for the accurate data entry of confidential donor information using Raiser’s Edge
- Responsible for accepting, processing, and receipting of all donations
- Creation of customized reports using Raiser’s Edge to analyze donor data and trends
- Coordination of donor mailings (appeals, e-blasts, annual report, event invitations etc.)
- Manage inventory and ordering of office stationery and supplies
- Collect mail and prepare weekly bank deposit for Foundation and School
- Assist with audit preparations as needed
Fundraising & Donor Engagement Events
- Acts as staff support for Foundation led fundraising and recognition events
- Provides administrative assistance for event related duties such as mailings, administration of the silent auction and raffle, assisting with post-event reconciliation etc.
- Works with existing and new third-party event hosts to support their efforts
- Grows revenue through third party events and peer to peer fundraising efforts
- Represents the organization at donor and community events to enhance the school’s profile
Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a fundraising role with a record of success in managing donors
- University degree or relevant post-secondary education e.g., certificate in Fundraising Management an asset
- Experience working with CRM systems; in particular, experience working with Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong coordination skills and attention to detail
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Positive, professional, and diplomatic
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexible, with the ability to deal with sudden increases in workload
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours for special events
- Experience working with volunteers an asset
- A vulnerable sector police check is required
- Languages: Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Ability to work remotely as well as at our office locations
RPSM FOUNDATION’S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, ACCESSIBILITY AND ANTI-RACISM
RPSM Foundation is committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful, and equitable workplace. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
RPSM Foundation requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our premises be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and human rights exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Our vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you provide proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
HOW TO APPLY
We invite all applicants wishing to apply for this position to email your cover letter and resume to Kendel Ferrara at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply for this position is Tuesday, March 22, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the role and RPSM Foundation. Please note we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will contact applicants that most closely match the requirements for the role.