Fundraising and partnerships specialist
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Fundraising and Partnerships Specialist will bring their strong relationship-building and project management skills to the Development and Communications team. This position will focus on the stewardship, cultivation and activation of corporate and community partners and drive strategy to grow revenues supporting Eva’s fundraising and mission activities.
The successful candidate will use their strong knowledge of anti-oppression frameworks, through the lens of anti-Black racism, to help cultivate and solidify relationships with donors looking to engage with a non-profit that is intentionally supporting Black youth.
This is a pivotal time to join Eva’s as we celebrate the transformational change occurring in greater society and live our values using an anti-oppression lens that respects our clients and further enhances our mission.
This is a hybrid position based in downtown Toronto. As Eva’s is committed to being a flexible employer, a combination of in-office and remote work will be required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annual fund development support
- Contribute to the annual fundraising plan, with a detailed focus on recommendations connected to the cultivation and retention of their stakeholders and portfolio(s).
- Work collaboratively with Eva’s Communications team to support the delivery of a cohesive, integrated marketing plan and calendar of activities. This includes project management support for the annual direct mail, digital, and engagement activities.
- Measure and report on progress toward targets and collaborate with the Director of Development to adjust the plan to support the achievement of goals.
- Recommend procurement of associated goods and services.
- Recommend and coordinate vendor relationships and event logistics.
Corporate and community partnership development and management
- Manage a corporate and community engagement strategy that drives appreciation and a deeper connection to how donor investments impact our work.
- Develop, maintain and grow a broad, genuine network of relationships within an assigned donor base, and work collaboratively to identify and materialize potential giving opportunities and campaigns.
- Identify, investigate, and qualify sponsor leads and donor prospects, finding ways to build relationships and engage with existing and potential donors.
- Work collaboratively with Programs and Services teams to understand their needs and identify creative opportunities to work together on fundraising initiatives.
- Write and present proposals and communications for grants, partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Prepare and deliver employee engagement presentations to corporate partners.
- Lead, engage, and facilitate work of committees engaged to support our initiatives.
- Support community events and partnerships with resources and activations to increase participant engagement and event revenue.
Stewardship and impact reporting
- Deliver on stewardship and reporting requirements for their assigned portfolio to achieve retention and growth targets.
- Recommend and implement creative stewardship and engagement programs, communication tools, and activities to deepen connection and opportunities for current portfolio of donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as nonprofit management, business administration, or communications) is preferred.
- Proven experience in fund development, partnership management, or related roles within the nonprofit sector.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising principles, strategies, and techniques, including grant writing, donor cultivation, and event planning.
- Passion for the mission of Eva’s and supporting youth experiencing homelessness.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience working for a community-based organization and/or with vulnerable populations with an anti-oppression framework is highly desired, particularly from an anti-Black racism lens.
- Strong technical abilities with databases and online platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Demonstrated fundraising and project management experience managing and reporting on diverse revenue streams and campaign goals.
- Proven ability to build and manage a prospect pipeline.
- Highly proficient interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build networks, collaborate and engage communities of support.
- Confidence, competence, and comfort working with senior volunteers and organization leaders.
- Tactful and dynamic with the ability to encourage engagement and support the Development team’s fundraising goals.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, and able to work efficiently using an innate sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to produce reports and deliver effective presentations to large groups.
- Demonstrated ability in working from an Anti-Black racism, anti-oppression and culturally safe perspective/framework.
- Understanding of issues related to youth homelessness, 2SLGBTQ+ identities, mental health and substance use problems and disorders.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com, indicating 2023-43 Fundraising and Partnerships Specialist in the title.