Fundraising & Communications Specialist
TAIBU is an established Community Health Centre located in the Malvern Neighbourhood of Scarborough and offers Primary Healthcare and Community Programs to the Black community across the GTA as its priority population and all residents of Malvern. TAIBU is offering an exciting employment opportunity to build the capacity and raise the profile of the organization.
You will be part of a high functioning interdisciplinary team of health and social service professionals providing high quality, accessible and sustainable healthcare programs and services to the community in partnership with other community-based organizations to address individual, family and community needs. TAIBU is committed to creating a sustainable Community of Practice and becoming a Centre of Excellence in Black Health Care.
The Fundraising & Communications Specialist will perform the duties as described below to develop foundational capacity to enable TAIBU to engage effectively with its diverse stakeholders and raise the profile of the Centre to attract long term relationships with potential individual donors, Corporations or Foundations.
The Fundraising and Communications Specialist will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to achieve the identified objectives.
- Create comprehensive relationships with individuals and corporate donors to generate funds from philanthropy, partner and brand marketing, and sponsorships
- Create and maintain a database of high-value prospective donors and partners (individuals, Corporate, Foundations etc..) and implement a system of tracking, monitoring and reporting on fundraising engagement and activities
- Develop and maintain strategies to support strong and positive donor relations to generate unrestricted gifts
- Put in place a system to ensure timely and meaningful donor stewardship
- Plan and implement donor acknowledgement, stewardship and recognition communications
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and/or his/her designate and the Board of Directors produce, implement, maintain and provide ongoing evaluation of a communications strategy for TAIBU
- Produce effective materials that will effectively meet the needs of TAIBU’s overall communication strategy (print, website, newsletters, social media)
- Explore communication opportunities to engage and strengthen relationships with community stakeholders, partners and influencers Create content for TAIBU’s websites and ensure that the websites are kept up-to-date relevant
- Cultivate positive media relations to be able to profile TAIBU’s mandate and work to address issues impacting the communities served.
- Advance TAIBU’s brand identity through the development of a brand standard manual and relevant board and staff training to ensure consistency of communication
- Support the Board of Directors communication strategy
Experience & Education
- At minimum an undergraduate Degree or equivalent/relevant experience
- CFRE designation an asset
- At a minimum 3+ years communications, marketing and fundraising experience preferably in the non-profit charitable sector
- High Level computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Office and data base software
- Demonstrated commitment to and lived experience of Anti-Black Racism and Afrocentric values and principles;
- A proven track record of identifying, cultivating and stewarding significant amount of gifts/donations and multi-year relationships with donors
- Experience of working effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Exceptional networker with a demonstrated skill to identify and cultivate relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekends
- Commitment to address the health barriers and inequalities faced by racialized and minoritized community groups essential
- TAIBU IS BUILDING ITS BILINGUAL (FRENCH/ENGLISH) CAPACITY AND EXCELLENT FRENCH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY IS A SIGNIFICANT ASSET
Compensation: Salary range $62,250 – $75,000 + Benefits
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a covering letter to:
The Hiring Committee – Fundraising & Communications Specialist
TAIBU Community Health Centre
27 Tapscott Road, Unit 1
Scarborough ON M1B 4Y7
No telephone enquiries. TAIBU CHC thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
TAIBU Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and applicants from racialized and minoritized communities are strongly encouraged.