Fundraising & Community Engagement Lead
CHATS is a not-for-profit organization, advocating for and delivering high-quality, person-centred home and community services to older adults and caregivers living in York Region and South Simcoe.
CHATS–Community & Home Assistance to Seniors is accepting applications to fill a full-time Fundraising & Community Engagement Lead role that will develop and grow our fundraising and community engagement portfolios. Reporting to the Vice President Philanthropy and Communications, you will work as a member of the marketing, communications, and fund development team to raise funds and awareness of CHATS’ efforts to helping older adults to live best at home in their communities.
This is a hybrid work model where the candidate may work from a home office as well as working regularly scheduled days in the head office in Aurora. Occasional weekend and evening work is required.
- Degree or diploma in fundraising, public relations, marketing or related work experience and a minimum of five years of experience in leading an organization’s development activities
- Expertise in Donor Management Systems (preferably Raisers Edge), Constant Contact, and Word Press
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teams, SharePoint, Promo, and Canva
- Experience writing, designing and producing print materials (brochures, programs, newsletters)
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and set deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Solid interpersonal and written and verbal communications skills
- An understanding of the non-profit and health care sector
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for meetings and events when required
- A valid Ontario driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
- AFP Member is an asset
CHATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodation will be provided to individuals with disability, upon request
If you are seeking a new challenge in your fundraising and marketing career and are inspired by contributing to an organization committed to providing quality care in the community, we’d like to hear from you!