Nellie’s is currently seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to join our development team. The Fundraising Coordinator is primarily responsible for gift processing, stewarding donors through the generation of thank you letter/receipts and providing overall coordination and administrative support to the Director of Development.
For almost 50 years Nellie’s has been providing shelter and support for marginalized women and their children in the Greater Toronto Area. We operate programs and services for women and children who had or are experiencing violence, poverty, and homelessness. Nellie’s works to lessen homeless for women and their children whether the cause is family violence, mental health, or any other reason that results in dealing with the impact from trauma.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain expertise in the use of Raiser’s Edge NXT database
- Perform all data-entry, including uploading donations from other fundraising platforms (including Canada Helps)
- Filing and information management pertaining to all aspects of fundraising
- Processing credit card donations
- Regularly maintain and update donor records
- Generating queries and compiling lists as required
- Create and send donor thank you letters/receipts
- Be the point person with database agency to troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Respond to donor inquiries in a friendly and timely manner
- Liaise with mail fulfillment houses to ensure accuracy of data for direct mail solicitations
- Be the first point of contact for Third Party events
- Assist with collection and distribution of in-kind donations
- Assist with donor recognition and retention strategies including print and electronic fundraising and donor communications materials social media and website
- General office administration
- Other duties as requested
- Able to adhere to and maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and privacy
- Able to organize and prioritize workloads and juggle multiple tasks
- Able to troubleshoot quickly and efficiently
- Able to act independently or as part of a team
- Able to work with a broad range of stakeholders including staff, donors, students & volunteers
- Able to provide constructive feedback to supervisors & peers
- Demonstrated reliable professionalism in working within the organization and in the broader public as guided by agency values, policies and ethical codes of conduct
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a fundraising/development environment or a combination of education and experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Raisers Edge NXT fundraising platform
- Previous experience working in data processing an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CRA receipting regulations
- Experience generating queries, donor activity reports and analyses
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively liaise with a variety of individuals including donors, volunteers and agency staff
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
Please email your letter of application, including resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30th.
Nellie’s is committed to the development of an agency that reflects the women it serves. Preference will be given women*. Woman* signifies anyone who self-identifies as female, femme and/or woman. This includes transwomen, cisgender women, non-binary people who identify as femme or female presenting. Applications from equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged.
Please note that all employees, including new hires must have received the full series of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to being hired. Medical exemptions or requested exemption based upon the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Police Records Check for the vulnerable sector.